baumer

Weekend Thread | July 7-9 | Weekend Estimates on Page 32

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

🤣

Club: Mission impossible under 10M second weekend ?

??? The ones by me are all for Opp. I'm going to assume all non-IMAX PLF's will just go to whichever film is in highest demand, or just be split between 2 or all 3 films lol. 

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

🤣

Club: Mission impossible under 10M second weekend ?

MI was always losing premiums on second weekend , i think Oppenheimer hurts MI more, for what Barbie overperforms , it is bringing in audiences not going theaters regularly

6 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

MI was always losing premiums on second weekend , i think Oppenheimer hurts MI more, for what Barbie overperforms , it is bringing in audiences not going theaters regularly

If overperforms will bring families and it's confirmed the pre sales are appealing to them too.

I agree for Oppenheimer doesn't change that much if Barbie makes 120m or 150 (of course more Barbie makes more you lose something but nothing relevant). MI i think could lose more from a Barbie over performance.

Good day all,

It's fascinating to see, that hate on Indy does not stop... like ever!
Insidious "slams" on Indy!? One of the clickbait headlines from no more, no less than Deadline... again!
Trying hard to remember last time I saw a comment, where people would just say... "Oh , I actually liked-hated the movie because..."
Budget, profit, Disney, whatever the obsession is...
I never wanted "Back to the Future" sequels and yet they delivered them... 

Just wondering if anybody goes to theaters these days for the pure fun reasons?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Barbie with more presales than Avatar 2? That's surprising.

Out here in reality it’s similar to A2 for previews and behind in total PS iirc. Way behind QM and Gotg.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 3

7 hours ago, CJohn said:

I would like to remind everyone that Transformers would easily do 1B a decade ago. It was also doing 245M+ for every movie like if it was easy. No, Rise of the Beasts is not salvagable nor put the franchise in a good place. Also, Paramount can't just cut 50M from the budget like that. These movies need to look big.

Guillermo del Toro made Pacific Rim movies based and inspired by Japanese super robot manga series.

If you take a note that "Mazinger Z" (Tranzor Z in US) originated in 1972 !😲 and Grandizer in 1975 its hard to believe that nobody else took advantage of making it to the big screen. Arguably, Grandizer has huge potential visually and story wise and there are places in the World with a mass following fan base like France and Italy. (Yes, Mexico too :) ).

With the money invested in Transformers, Grandizer would become a phenomenon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Don't think OW will reach some lofty expectations here.

But see it having like 100-110m ow with  monster legs like Wonderwoman.

WW's opening was most likely muted by BvS and SS - then WOM gave it great legs.  Barbie is coming out of the gate hot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Don't think OW will reach some lofty expectations here.

But see it having like 100-110m ow with  monster legs like Wonderwoman.

I think it'll be the other way around, huge opening with a total DOM just over 400 

2 hours ago, Flopped said:

I dont think A. But A-, yes. 

r/boxoffice - Horror Movies by Cinemascore

Thanks for sharing this! 

2 hours ago, LegionWrex said:

It's hard for them to get that high cause horror by nature anti-crowdpleasing. The ones that do it are either really, REALLY good or know their audience very well.

The genre also naturally suffers rating wise from teenagers saying “that was scary I didn’t like it” or “it was violent” or “it was gross” etc. 

Which are all actually positives lol 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LegionGPT said:

Out here in reality it’s similar to A2 for previews and behind in total PS iirc. Way behind QM and Gotg.

Pacing much better than both at this point though isn't it? But capacity might end up being an issue in the end.

• Like 1