baumer

Weekend Thread | July 7-9 | Weekend Estimates on Page 32

4 hours ago, baumer said:

I said this once before when Transformers rise the beasts first came out, this almost seems like it's a reboot. They're starting fresh again kind of like what Warner Bros did with Batman in 2005. Batman begins had a gigantic budget and didn't do all that well at the box office except that you got people's attention because it was such a good movie. And then we all know what happened with the next two movies. No I'm not saying the next Transformers is going to blow up the way the dark Knight did but I honestly believe that if they brought Michael Bay back as director, Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox and some of the other original cast members, get it well done script and I think based on the fact that people seem to like this new one, the next chapter could see Transformers back to its Glory days.

I've never heard of Ruby Gilman, I know I'm not the target audience but I literally didn't see one commercial for it. Same thing with the Kraken movie I have no idea what that's about either. Is it about the expansion NHL team in seattle?

Insidious has already done what it needed to do. It's got a huge opening and will probably end up just shy of 60 million. Not bad for a movie that had a budget of 15 million.

From a purely box office perspective, sound of freedom could be one of the stories of the year. It cost $15 million, it has one recognizable name in it maybe two and it was sitting on a shelf for the last 5 years. No one had heard of this movie six days ago and now it's first week it's almost going to make 40 million dollars. Maybe if the public becomes more aware of it, it could find some legs but even if it doesn't again from a purely box office perspective, it's done really really well.

Be honest if they make a movie with epic action like transformers 3 with original cast, it would be smash hit easily.

I think transformers should have ended at 3 really.

As flawed as it was (optimus turning into a war cirminal and killing everyone lol), it ended the transformers movie well.

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

Be honest if they make a movie with epic action like transformers 3 with original cast, it would be smash hit easily.

Me personally.. I am a child of the 80's, so if they made a story that was more reflective of the original cartoon which made the series more about the Transformers than the humans aka I don't need big name stars in the movies,... I would be all in to the franchise again!

I heard the original ending of transformers 3 was that Megatron attacks sentinal prime 

Optimus prime kills Sentinal Prime and Megatron calls a truce and lives on Cybertron.

Be honest Transformer 3 was dumb as it has a final epic war battle for like a whole 50 mins but the final battle with megatron is like 5 secs lol 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I'm not sure about Barbie doing over $110M. That's just my opinion. 

People are setting up for major meltdowns if  Barbie does 110. oppenheimer does 45 and Mission does 35 and that aint good enough. But that would never happen around here would it.

It's so funny how all the studios scheduled their tentpole in anticipation that Indy would be a world-destroying mega hit, but Indy is gonna do less worldwide than Elemental, Transformers, and possibly even Oppenheimer.