baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

22 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I have not commented on the success of SOF because well we have been told not to get political and i will continue not too. All i can say I guess is glad they get a movie that compels them to go the movie theater. 

No, I think you can comment on SOF, just not in this thread. You can talk about it in the SOF thread, I think.

• Like 1

You can definitely talk about sound of freedom here just don't get political about it talking about conspiracies and q anon and that kind of crap. That just gets other people up in arms and it's not part of the box office

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Eric Stickell said:

Well, if you really want to deal with 5+ pages of endless back and forth, endless concern trolling, fanboy war battles, and everybody being miserable afterwards, I guess I can't stop you. But when you and others start complaining about how annoying the conversation is going, just know that this is what you wanted. And I hope you're happy with it.

So let’s just close this forum because discussing anything will lead to concern trolling, fanboy war battles and everybody being miserable afterwards.

As I said in my previous comment, if someone’s being uncivil you have full authority to stop them, but denying a genuine discussion in first place is just not it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

I was told that the way RT works even ONE negative review would drop it to 99%.

Only for critic reviews. Audience is if it's 99.5% or higher postive.

7 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

A lot of people still think MI7 is coming out on Friday instead of Wednesday. The change in release date was very recent and caused a bit of confusion. I remember something similar happened with the first Puss In Boots because DreamWorks changed the release date from November 3rd to Ocotber 27th at the last minute and that affected it's OW.

The real test for MI7 will be the weekend.

Perhaps. But Puss in Boots' release date was moved up just 3-1/2 weeks before it opened. MI7 was moved to Wednesday 4 months ago. How many people had their calendars marked in April?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, harry713 said:

Oh so it's not part of the 49.5 current gross? 

7 hours ago, baumer said:

I'm actually not sure. I too would like to know. I would assume it's probably part of the current gross because somebody bought the tickets already.

Fans are buying tickets to donate to other people. We are in a recession, lots of older people on fixed incomes are going to be interested in this movie. They are real retail purchases. The purchase goes to angel studio and is held until it is claimed. The purchase is not going to the exhibitors 1st, so they are affecting the BO numbers when claimed at the exhibitor.

You can go to their website and probably see how many PIF tickets are available to see what is still out there. There is nothing nefarious about charity. "free" is not free. A church purchasing a theater for a Sunday easter movie does not make the tickets "free". NGOs also bought tickets and theaters out for Black Panther and Cpt. Marvel.

The box office =/= popularity which seems to be the major contention being had over the "free" tickets. If it meant popularity we would all demand every movie be adjsuted for inflation and talk about # of tickets sold. A 14m movie has done extremely well.

Also MI7 is fine. I would have liked to see 20m opening day, but it is a franchise with strong consistency and legs. Anything over 200m is a normal performance and I still see 250m.

Edited by rebelscum86
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, XXR Union Solidarity said:

MI7 Thursday will drop from Wednesday but not much. Around ~$8M.

Which would be 23.5 before it hits the weekend not including the 2,2 in early access. Which would be pretty decent for a 163 minute long movie playing to a audience that would mostly wait to the weekend. 

1 minute ago, Unfitclock said:

@XXR Union Solidarity mission impossible was definitely selling better today than yesterday around me at least

I've been checking the weekend showings at my local theater and it's selling much better then it did on Wednesday when I went and today. I feel like legs will be good.