baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

3 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

So a 70 to 75 million five day should get the end total to close to 200. Not great but we have two major storms coming next week 

Which would put it closer to Rogue Nation then Fallout, which sounds about right.

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I still don’t believe this doesn’t beat Fallout DOM. Let’s see the weekend. Never forget Shrek 2 looked like a huge summer sequel flop before the opening weekend lol. 

Children's movie with school still in session, no?

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3313272321/?ref_=bo_tt_gr_1

looking eerily similar to the 5 day opening of Transformers 5

Yikes. The only thing that makes me think it will fair somewhat better then that film is the much, much stronger WOM this one has compared to The Last Knight's absolutely toxic reception.

Just now, LegionWrex said:

Yikes. The only thing that makes me think it will fair somewhat better then that film is the much, much stronger WOM this one has compared to The Last Knight's absolutely toxic reception.

we are comparing this too Transformers The Last Knight now? god i need go take some extra stength advill. I mean seriously. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Yeah except transformers was doing mega extended  opening weekends and 44/70m 5 day was big drop from that.

Highest opening for MI is 61m. And I don't need to talk about how leggy the franchise is.

Context pliz...

@WorkingonaName tried to take a dump on Dial of Destiny saying it wouldn’t gross as much as Fury Road and now I’m confused with what the hell is going on with Box Office Mojo, and maybe @across the Jat verseor someone else could help me out because I’ve been searching and I’m not sure what is going on:

I’m getting conflicting reports about Fury Road, btw. BOM is saying that it made $380m WW, with $154m DOM and $225m OS. Wikipedia (and google’s first search) is telling me $415m, with $154m DOM and $261m OS.

Dial of Destiny released last June 30 is currently at $258m WW, with $131m DOM and $127m OS. Dial of Destiny will be obviously making more domestic, not sure about OS but I don’t think the film is dead either. 

So what is happening here? Is BOM that unreliable now that you can’t be sure about their numbers anymore (it wasn’t perfect by any means before IMDb but still) or is the Wikipedia article full of shit?

Edited by ZattMurdock

18 minutes ago, djbayko said:

Children's movie with school still in session, no?

I’m pretty sure the Shrek franchise has always been more adult skewing than other animated franchises, and some schools were out by the time Shrek 2 came out, while others were still in.

Watched Dead Reckoning tonight on a tiny IMAX screen that measured maybe 60'x80' or so but the projection seemed closer to 2K than 4K. Maybe 100 or so people in a 600 seat theater.

That being said, the film is exceptionally entertaining. It is everything Indy wanted to be but couldn't quite muster to be. The stunts are simply insane as I have no idea how Cruise has not killed himself by now. I have to imagine there's a bar in Hollywood that has mostly stuntmen for clientele and Cruise is treated like a war hero with limitless rounds of free drinks whenever he walks in.

Easily the best car chase in a movie in a long time and there have been some good ones this year in John Wick 4 and Indy 5 and probably Fast X (but I never saw to compare). The film never drags during its lengthy run time and there is very little downtime away from the action in the movie. If the film wasn't losing all of its PLFs in a week, it could easily play in them for the rest of the summer. It deserves some lengthy legs and a higher total gross than it will receive. Hopefully overseas will come to its rescue. Very strongly recommend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Train said:

I’m pretty sure the Shrek franchise has always been more adult skewing than other animated franchises, and some schools were out by the time Shrek 2 came out, while others were still in.

Hard to remember but the first Shrek was mainly for adult audiences, and the second, while definitely marketed towards kids, probably already had a built in adult audience due to that.