kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers | Jul 17 - 20 | Wednesday | 4.74M M:I - DEAD RECKONING I | 4.72M SOUND OF FREEDOM

8 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Why does Sound of Freedom have a lot of weird stans here lol

Because those of us who are called stans have actually seen the movie.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Why does Sound of Freedom have a lot of weird stans here lol

It´s so weird, like ... i live here in Brazil, the movie is not released here at all and still there´s SO MANY christians and fans of Bolsonaro [our former president] talking about how everyone is trying to hide this movie from the audiences, that the government don´t want people to watch it, that christians should watch it to save families and actually defending the movie that nobody here saw it.

I sincerely don´t understand the co-relation between christianity and saving children and why they´re backing up this with such aggresive manners, i have no idea why the hell these people decided that this specific theme that is so relevant for all of us is part of their agenda against ´´ bad people´´, which is usually LGBTQIAP+ people etc 

Look, i didn´t watch the movie, i suspect [and hope] there´s nothing in this tone on the actual movie so i´m not talking about the actual movie before someone get offended.

But i have to say, the discourse and slogans surrounding this movie from a portion of the supporters have so much in common with the attacks backed up by christianity that i grow up hearing as a gay person ... like i said i don´t know why this co-relation between religion and human traffic is happening, it doesn´t make sense, but the discourse is being hurtful to read.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

19 x 20 would be 380M domestic. No chance.

And to add, so that I don’t have to make 2 posts about the same subject, isn’t the PiF money going into a pot for the studio, where it stays until someone requests a ticket, then the money from that pot buys a ticket and that’s when it’s counted to the box office? That sorta makes sense to me, and is probably what the studio would want to do anyway, because they keep any extra $ instead of having to share it with theaters, which is why I don’t think they’re just funneling this $ into buying out empty auditoriums; it’s throwing money away.

It's not throwing money away if the studio sees that as a long term investment, in which they inflate this movie's numbers, get a ton of headlines, and so get a lot of people's attention, turning many of them into loyal supporters of their projects.

I see people mentioning $5 million in Pay It Forward tickets, but on their website they claim to have gotten over 8,4 million donated tickets, and they're charging $15 per ticket. Wouldn't that be more than $126 million raised?

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It's not throwing money away if the studio sees that as a long term investment, in which they inflate this movie's numbers, get a ton of headlines, and so get a lot of people's attention, turning many of them into loyal supporters of their projects.

I see people mentioning $5 million in Pay It Forward tickets, but on their website they claim to have gotten over 8,4 million donated tickets, and they're charging $15 per ticket. Wouldn't that be more than $126 million raised?

The 8.4M tickets is ALL the tickets bought through the website and online (not sure it tracks walk ups) - there's a scroll showing ticket buys vs pay it forward buys if you look - it runs about 95-5 bought vs pay it forward, at least today). 

• Like 1

Loving the Titanic love. 

Went to see it in IMAX this year and cried again. I’ve seen it countless times and it always gets me. One of my favourite films of all time. 

I was 10 when it came out and I went to see it three times. First film I ever went to see more than once. I was obsessed. Went to the Titanic museum in Belfast this year and it was incredible. Seeing one of the actual worn life jackets in person was haunting. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 5
  • Heart 1

20 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It´s so weird, like ... i live here in Brazil, the movie is not released here at all and still there´s SO MANY christians and fans of Bolsonaro [our former president] talking about how everyone is trying to hide this movie from the audiences, that the government don´t want people to watch it, that christians should watch it to save families and actually defending the movie that nobody here saw it.

I sincerely don´t understand the co-relation between christianity and saving children and why they´re backing up this with such aggresive manners, i have no idea why the hell these people decided that this specific theme that is so relevant for all of us is part of their agenda against ´´ bad people´´, which is usually LGBTQIAP+ people etc 

Look, i didn´t watch the movie, i suspect [and hope] there´s nothing in this tone on the actual movie so i´m not talking about the actual movie before someone get offended.

But i have to say, the discourse and slogans surrounding this movie from a portion of the supporters have so much in common with the attacks backed up by christianity that i grow up hearing as a gay person ... like i said i don´t know why this co-relation between religion and human traffic is happening, it doesn´t make sense, but the discourse is being hurtful to read.

I assume the real reason it's not being released in Brazil or indeed anywhere else at the moment is because Angel Studios haven't sorted distribution internationally yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Movie aside, its having a pretty spectacular run which is always fun. 

Yeah I think it’s pretty obvious why a movie increasing from 20 to 27M in its 2nd weekend would get a lot of positive attention on a boxoffice forum. And the non numerical discussion has been mercifully quarantined 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Damm Paramount to hell for how badly they messed up with the release of DR Part 1. This is so frustrating.  

At least they get another crack at it with the next Mission film. Paramount needs to be a lot smarter with the release date. It should be much easier to keep the budget under control, since I assume there won't be another COVID situation to blow up the budget. 

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

At least they get another crack at it with the next Mission film. Paramount needs to be a lot smarter with the release date. It should be much easier to keep the budget under control, since I assume there won't be another COVID situation to blow up the budget. 

Yep. I am sure TC will not let them forget how badly they flubbed this and make sure they don't do it again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Holiday season, Labor Day, or August would have been better release dates for MI7.

I doubt Cruise or Paramount would have gone for Labor Day. I suspect they thought Barbie wasn't going to be a threat nor Oppenheimer but by the time Barbenheimer was a thing, it was too late to move it. 

My guess for Part 2 is November or December 2024. I know Thanksgiving has been touted but I'd go for 1st November with maybe an early release OS in October to coincide with local holidays which is what MGM and EON does with Bond aside from NTTD which got a late September/early October release.