kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers | Jul 17 - 20 | Wednesday | 4.74M M:I - DEAD RECKONING I | 4.72M SOUND OF FREEDOM

32 minutes ago, baumer said:

I still don't understand how rescuing children from sex trafficking is considered conservative or liberal or right or left or up or down or whatever. Maybe this marketing strategy is to go to churches and get people interested but it's not a religious film it's about child trafficking and I just think that kind of subject would be something that might peak everybody's interest.

I actually don't know much about the film. I've just seen all the back and forth about it being a Qanon film and trump screening it and stuff and I guess I just assumed it must be some hard right film.

I'm going to have to laugh at the obvious stench of money laundering if Sound of Freedom somehow sees another miniscule drop or increase this weekend even though Barbenheimer is forcing it (and everything else, really) out of bigger auditoriums. Already eyebrow-raising that a number these "sold out" shows have been proven to not have that many people in them to begin with.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm going to have to laugh at the obvious stench of money laundering if Sound of Freedom somehow sees another miniscule drop or increase this weekend even though Barbenheimer is forcing it (and everything else, really) out of bigger auditoriums. Already eyebrow-raising that a number these "sold out" shows have been proven to not have that many people in them to begin with.

I know you want to believe these shows are empty. However, I'm pretty sure we have people saying there has been shows pretty full.

Honestly, you could just accept it's a success. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This Blueanon conspiracy nonsense 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kon said:

I know you want to believe these shows are empty. However, I'm pretty sure we have people saying there has been shows pretty full.

Honestly, you could just accept it's a success. 

10 minutes ago, Chaz said:

This Blueanon conspiracy nonsense 

I was being half-serious. Definitely not saying all these shows are empty when the ones that are clearly isolated lol. It's obviously doing extremely well and playing to packed in houses in certain areas.

But mostly I'm just chuckling at the potential scenario of it somehow defying box office gravity in an impossible situation this weekend (after the surprise increase last weekend when Mission: Impossible took over all the bigger theaters) which I doubt will happen regardless. It's gonna be an ugly weekend across the board in terms of drops for all movies. The theater drops later today are going to hurt to look at (everywhere around me is already dropping Joy Ride, for instance).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I still don't understand how rescuing children from sex trafficking is considered conservative or liberal or right or left or up or down or whatever. Maybe this marketing strategy is to go to churches and get people interested but it's not a religious film it's about child trafficking and I just think that kind of subject would be something that might peak everybody's interest.

EDIT: saw the moderation post

Edited by TheFlatLannister
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

isnt following the BO his job? or at least a hobby he is very involved in?

why keep asking the same questions instead of just going to the site with all the answers?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

according to a user in the tracking thread, its show count is only decreasing by 13%

While I generally happy for SoF becoming a $100m+ surprise hit, I can't help but to be furious as MI:DR has to be the victim of this cannibalization. I believe SOF is creating too much competition for male over aged 45, when the sub-market segment  is still digesting Indy 5 and getting ready for Oppenheimer. Can't these people watch two or three movies???

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

While I generally happy for SoF becoming a $100m+ surprise hit, I can't help but to be furious as MI:DR has to be the victim of this cannibalization. I believe SOF is creating too much competition for male over aged 45, when the sub-market segment  is still digesting Indy 5 and getting ready for Oppenheimer. Can't these people watch two or three movies???

is MI holding up better with no SoF overseas ? WOM of SoF is through the roof and MIDR1 is just an average action flick, done better before

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

is MI holding up better with no SoF overseas ? WOM of SoF is through the roof and MIDR1 is just an average action flick, done better before

NA is one of the overperforming market for TGM, along side with UK, SK, Australia, Taiwan and HK but somehow NA performs the worst among the overperforming market for TGM, meaning indeed SOF take some audience away from MI7. Also, being a lesser film doesn't make MI7 a bad film, the WOM measured by various metrics didn't indicate major step-down from earlier entries.  

3 hours ago, LonePirate said:

The issue itself is not left or right leaning. However the right has massively politicized it and has been falsely accusing people on the left of child trafficking in the US since at least the Pizzagate gaslighting in 2016. That has morphed into the current day controversy of the right accusing teachers, drag queens and LGBT people of grooming children which is nothing but pure bigotry and ignorance since north of 98% of all child abuse or trafficking or grooming situations in the US is from heterosexuals and quite commonly those with a religious connection. From what I have heard of the film, it excessively exaggerates the history/story of the main character. It also preys on ridiculous fears of kids being kidnapped to foreign countries given that far more trafficking occurs within or to the US than from the US outward.

Just an FYI: That is not in the movie.  No kidnapping of kids happens in the US.  

If you want a plot summary of the movie, ask and I'll post it in spoilers in the SoF thread.

• Like 2