kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers | Jul 17 - 20 | Wednesday | 4.74M M:I - DEAD RECKONING I | 4.72M SOUND OF FREEDOM

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

It´s so weird, like ... i live here in Brazil, the movie is not released here at all and still there´s SO MANY christians and fans of Bolsonaro [our former president] talking about how everyone is trying to hide this movie from the audiences, that the government don´t want people to watch it, that christians should watch it to save families and actually defending the movie that nobody here saw it.

I sincerely don´t understand the co-relation between christianity and saving children and why they´re backing up this with such aggresive manners, i have no idea why the hell these people decided that this specific theme that is so relevant for all of us is part of their agenda against ´´ bad people´´, which is usually LGBTQIAP+ people etc 

Look, i didn´t watch the movie, i suspect [and hope] there´s nothing in this tone on the actual movie so i´m not talking about the actual movie before someone get offended.

But i have to say, the discourse and slogans surrounding this movie from a portion of the supporters have so much in common with the attacks backed up by christianity that i grow up hearing as a gay person ... like i said i don´t know why this co-relation between religion and human traffic is happening, it doesn´t make sense, but the discourse is being hurtful to read.

I basically have the same sentiments as you. I don't know how religion is even related to child trafficking and why this movie is "supposedly" right wing friendly. I really don't have any opinions on this movie either way because I am not interested in it and most likely will never watch it. But the whole uproar makes me a little curious, but not curious enough to actually go and read about it lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eeetooki said:

If I were Cruise for the second half of MI7 I would go demand a 3 week IMAX window like Nolan lol.

MI7 could have 2 weeks if Paramount wasn't scared from Indy 5.

That said, Paramount (or anyone) couldn't have predicted that SOF will affect MI7 so much.

Edited by Kon

6 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, Angel Studios has now followed restaurant fundraisers for groups and is opening up its movie to be a fundraiser for all antitrafficking groups (using the pay it forward money to funnel directly to the groups who want to fundraise on the movie with private showing ticket sales).  I admit, stealing the idea from another industry is brilliant.

https://www.angel.com/blog/sound-of-freedom/posts/angel-studios-helping-anti-trafficking-non-profits

And for BO, this is almost certain to keep helping, b/c who wouldn't buy a ticket and show for an anti-trafficking group fundraiser?

If it does around 35m this weekend with Oppenbarbie opening, holy shit we're gonna be in for a long run.

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

It´s so weird, like ... i live here in Brazil, the movie is not released here at all and still there´s SO MANY christians and fans of Bolsonaro [our former president] talking about how everyone is trying to hide this movie from the audiences, that the government don´t want people to watch it, that christians should watch it to save families and actually defending the movie that nobody here saw it.

I sincerely don´t understand the co-relation between christianity and saving children and why they´re backing up this with such aggresive manners, i have no idea why the hell these people decided that this specific theme that is so relevant for all of us is part of their agenda against ´´ bad people´´, which is usually LGBTQIAP+ people etc 

Look, i didn´t watch the movie, i suspect [and hope] there´s nothing in this tone on the actual movie so i´m not talking about the actual movie before someone get offended.

But i have to say, the discourse and slogans surrounding this movie from a portion of the supporters have so much in common with the attacks backed up by christianity that i grow up hearing as a gay person ... like i said i don´t know why this co-relation between religion and human traffic is happening, it doesn´t make sense, but the discourse is being hurtful to read.

All I know is that the lead actor has become a religious nut in the last couple of years, which is a shame because I used to enjoy him in Person of Interest so much.

Also, f--- Bolsonaro and his religious hypercritical stupid fans, they can literally rot in hell. I really hope we are not importing this fucked up fake rhetoric from the States that tries to falsely link LGBTQIAP+ people to pedophilia, because that fucking stinks.

• Like 3

As long as daily numbers continue to jump week over week we have no idea where Sound of Freedom is gonna end up. And I was only half joking when I said Passion of the Christ is not safe. 

I just hope it doesn’t keep going from there. 

40 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Poor Cruise, Paramount put him against 2 cultural phenomenons and somehow he´s facing 3 with SOF too

Cruise is doing just fine with his $500+ million net worth. Paramount is doing fine too. Even if they lose money on this project (probably will), they have the NFL schedule coming in later months to help boost profits at CBS. They can do better in profitability with the next Mission film, which will hopefully have a much better release date and no COVID problems blowing up the budget. 

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

All I know is that the lead actor has become a religious nut in the last couple of years, which is a shame because I used to enjoy him in Person of Interest so much.

Also, f--- Bolsonaro and his religious hypercritical stupid fans, they can literally rot in hell. I really hope we are not importing this fucked up fake rhetoric from the States that tries to falsely link LGBTQIAP+ people to pedophilia, because that fucking stinks.

Don't worry you're not importing that fake rethoric from the States.

That horrible fake rethoric has existed in Latin American countries for a long time. The homophobia is likely bigger in many Latin American countries than USA.

Edited by Kon
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, wildphantom said:

I think the running time is definitely a factor during the week. I know I’m not bothering with a near three hour movie post-7pm on a weeknight.  
I know it’s only twenty minutes longer than Fallout, but people see 2hr 43 minutes run time as basically three hours and plan other more suitable nights accordingly. 

Accurate. I've been trying to find time to see this ahead of Barbenheimer but cannot justify rushing out to a weeknight show right now. It's simply not enough of an event to do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fanboy said:

As long as daily numbers continue to jump week over week we have no idea where Sound of Freedom is gonna end up

At the end of the day, a "random" non action/horror/blockbuster film making $100M Domestic doesn't require a super-duper amount of explanation (even if you'd have no idea that specific film would do that ahead of time).  Anyone remember the Blackjack film 21 from 2008? That made ~120M Domestic adjusted for 2022 inflation.

It's clearly moving beyond that into the realm of fairly high tier hits which I'm finding a bit baffling.  

7 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, Angel Studios has now followed restaurant fundraisers for groups and is opening up its movie to be a fundraiser for all antitrafficking groups (using the pay it forward money to funnel directly to the groups who want to fundraise on the movie with private showing ticket sales).  I admit, stealing the idea from another industry is brilliant.

https://www.angel.com/blog/sound-of-freedom/posts/angel-studios-helping-anti-trafficking-non-profits

And for BO, this is almost certain to keep helping, b/c who wouldn't buy a ticket and show for an anti-trafficking group fundraiser?

so indirect confirmation that they have more PIF money than they know what to do with 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

Why does Sound of Freedom have a lot of weird stans here lol

too funny to ignore (and I'm stretching my muscles for passion 2, outside of the avatars, it's the movie whose BO performance I'm most interested in seeing, both from a pure numbers perspective and also its implications)

better use of my time than being sad about MI7's underperformance 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1