kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers | Jul 17 - 20 | Wednesday | 4.74M M:I - DEAD RECKONING I | 4.72M SOUND OF FREEDOM

3 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Should Oppenheimer start being worried about SoF??

Won't get hit nearly as hard as MI7 did but it'll hit Oppenheimer too a bit. I know many act like only the lunatic fringe is watching SoF but that's not the case. And, it's obvious there's crossover with a portion of the audience and portions of the MI7 and/or Oppenheimer audience. I don't think there's as much crossover and SoF is later in it's run and Oppenheimer keeps IMAX screens for a little while so I wouldn't say worried but it will take away some of the audience. Movies that don't have to worry would be Barbie, Haunted Mansion, Mutant Mayhem. Meg 2 might have to worry a little too if SoF is still going strong.

• Like 1

I'm really curious as to which one is going to be in the number three spot today? Sound of freedom or mission Impossible

5 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Can't see it being MI7. It will be hit more.

Agreed but they did manage to find Puerto Rico money yesterday to have it finished $20,000 ahead of it so who knows LOL

5 hours ago, baumer said:

All right I'm going to stand up for Eric and cap even though our heads have bumped one another a few times.

The entire Genesis of not getting into politics here about sound of freedom is that there's an entire thread that is open where you can do that. There's members here that don't want to hear about all the political conspiracy theories about the movie and there's members here who only want to talk about the political agenda and conspiracy theories about the movie.

So they have asked us to keep that rhetoric out of the daily box office numbers threads and that seems very fair and reasonable to me. Not that my opinion matters anymore than the rest of you, I'm just saying I get why they want to keep that kind of talk out of here.

As I mentioned there's an entire thread about sound of freedom where you can go talk about anything. Just keep the daily number thread about the daily numbers that's all they're asking.

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/31507-sound-of-freedom-discussion-of-the-movie-should-be-here-and-here-only-the-report-button-is-your-friend-keep-it-civil/

And I totally understand and respect that. My beef is that I received a warning for my ONE post in the thread. It wasn’t even for a forum rule. It was because I “belittled” QAnon by calling the belief that this movie is not really being seen by people a conspiracy theory. 

This happened earlier in the summer when I got a warning for “belittling” something about a mod’s specific political views. That is absolute bullshit. 

I’ve said my peace and now I’m done.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

And SOF is playing to a lot of empty theaters. See I can do it too. 😃

It's a joke. Puerto Rico joke dates back to Transformers part 2 when they magically found $5 million in Puerto Rico IMAX to push it over $200 million dollars for the 5-day weekend. It's a running joke here at the forums

• Like 2

Just now, baumer said:

It's a joke. Puerto Rico joke dates back to Transformers part 2 when they magically found $5 million in Puerto Rico IMAX to push it over $200 million dollars for the 5-day weekend. It's a running joke here at the forums

I know. That;s why I put the smiley face. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Okay, so SOF was def not immune.  

I would say this is a good indication that sound of freedom is not just catering to one type of audience. It's definitely gone into the mainstream now. Oppenheimer definitely took away some of its audience. So we might be looking at a 15% drop this weekend instead of only eight LOL

• Like 1

So if, and that's a very big if, sound of freedom was perform exactly like last weekend then it would do about 21 million this weekend which is about 23% drop.