Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

4 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Oppenheimer being a Nolan film doesn't discount it from the discussion. What we're looking for is audiences flocking to movies for reasons other than IP franchising. Doesn't matter if that reason is a movie star or a famous director

Of course it doesn't but no other director over the last decade is Nolan with original stuff. He's the anomaly. It's compliment him. Only other would be Peele but he's not Nolan in terms bankability.

1 hour ago, Cap said:

where are my real numbers?

~$30M total combined preview 

Final day sales are softer (mostly because good seats are hard to come by)

• Like 2

Me: Wtf where are the barbiehemier numbers it’s 6pm pst they are so late…

also me 2 seconds ago: oh wait today is Thursday. It’s not Friday. So there are no numbers 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Of course it doesn't but no other director over the last decade is Nolan with original stuff. He's the anomaly. It's compliment him. Only other would be Peele but he's not Nolan in terms bankability.

Maybe Tarantino counts as well? Apart from The Hateful Eight, which had a moderate run, his movies are wholly original hits.

Nolan, Tarantino, Peele - are there more directors that can sell movies by their name alone? Scorsese used to be one, but his movies are connected to streaming now and Spielberg is hit or miss in the last 10 years.

Just now, Cap said:

also me 2 seconds ago: oh wait today is Thursday. It’s not Friday. So there are no numbers 😂

@Menor the Destroyer told me I should get the thread up on Wednesday. So blame him. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cap said:

This, but with me waking up on Friday morning just now and remembering I'm 12 and a half time zones away.

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

In my timezone its Friday already so i want numbers!!!!

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Maybe Tarantino counts as well? Apart from The Hateful Eight, which had a moderate run, his movies are wholly original hits.

Nolan, Tarantino, Peele - are there more directors that can sell movies by their name alone? Scorsese used to be one, but his movies are connected to streaming now and Spielberg is hit or miss in the last 10 years.

Tarantino is one of them for sure. If he sticks to his word about retirement, we'll be losing him pretty soon. It's a bummer, but you gotta respect his approach. 

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Tarantino is one of them for sure. If he sticks to his word about retirement, we'll be losing him pretty soon. It's a bummer, but you gotta respect his approach. 

Well maybe he'll be a Miyazaki when it comes to retirement. But lol

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Yep, i have the (probably naive) hope that his next film wont be his last, but if it is, then we all have to accept it. Cinema would loose one of the great ones though.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

In my timezone its Friday already so i want numbers!!!!

Unrelated, I just bought something at Comic Con, which I feel like it would go gaga over. 👀

2 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

NO PLEASE NO PLEASE NO PLEASE TIMOTHEE DON'T LEAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Solidarity means we all make sacrifices 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XXR Union Solidarity said:

Pretty sure he's talking about Dune 2.

It's not fair! I had two movies with my baby. TWO! TWO! TWO! But Zas and Iger just can't help themselves and can't pay their writers and actors properly. I can't with this.

6d476a12-d082-4af9-adc0-1c127c47423b_tex

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

are there more directors that can sell movies by their name alone

The answer probably isn't Coogler but it's really worth asking why he isn't in this conversation. After Fruitville -> Creed -> Black Panther, we're still waiting for his Inception. Does his producer stuff mean that we missed a follow-up film?

• Like 1