Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

1 minute ago, TheFlatLannister said:

From Deadline: So far, Paramount’s Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning despite shedding Imax, isn’t taking a horrible hit, -54% in weekend 2 with $25M with a $124.2M running total. Friday is looking like $6.6M.

That would be a Godly hold all things considering, but i'm skeptical 

Maybe it's because Oppenheimer isn't skewing older

Just now, TheFlatLannister said:

From Deadline: So far, Paramount’s Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning despite shedding Imax, isn’t taking a horrible hit, -54% in weekend 2 with $25M with a $124.2M running total. Friday is looking like $6.6M.

That would be a Godly hold all things considering, but i'm skeptical 

Yeah, me too. I hope it'll hold well enough, after that it should do fine.

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

It does beg the question though: are movies legitimately dying with the youngest gens (primarily alpha)? Two adult skewing blockbusters opening to nearly 300m would have been unthinkable probably until just this very decade. Meanwhile, we can hardly get a family/kid driven movie to open to much of anything now (Minions doesn’t even count bc teens fueled that one). Makes Mario even more impressive honestly. 

Mario also brought in like 62% 18-34.

Spoiler

Plus 95% of PG-13 movies these days are aimed at or have some marketing designed toward kids, including Barbie, so like...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Travod said:

The ads on this forum remain insufferable :( My phone literally heats up like a furnace browsing this site and it kills the battery. Why do you guys do this

Single worst site on the internet for ads...but it is free, so...can't complaint too much :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Travod said:

The ads on this forum remain insufferable :( My phone literally heats up like a furnace browsing this site and it kills the battery. Why do you guys do this

Use Opera browser app.

I dont trust early Deadline with their lowballing estimates.

So i also dont trust early Deadline with their occasional pleasent highballing estimates.

That number for Mission Impossible would be incredibly good given the circumstances. I want it to happen, but it dont believe in it.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I hate the fact “older gen z” is starting to approach 30, ugh I feel old. Also when the hell are they gonna sort this mess out, I still see anywhere between 95-97 as the dates. Time to lock this down, it’s been 25 damn years. 

It depends on the definition of GenZ. Some have it at 95, others at 00. Don't think about it too much.

2 hours ago, baumer said:

So let's say Barbie does 600 million domestic and let's say sound of freedom does 200 domestic, what's the bigger story of the year?

Biggest WB movie and first WB movie over 600m is huge and from a freaking Barbie Toy movie? 

One of the craziest box office stories of the 21st century.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Mario also brought in like 62% 18-34.

Reveal hidden contents

The kid share was healthy though, especially considering the juggernaut numbers it pulled. We’ll see what Barbie ends up. 

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

It depends on the definition of GenZ. Some have it at 95, others at 00. Don't think about it too much.

I mean all of the other prior gen years have been set in stone for ages, so it’s a bit ridiculous to have a “range” for when you “might” be gen z all these decades later. 

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Biggest WB movie and first WB movie over 600m is huge and from a freaking Barbie Toy movie? 

One of the craziest box office stories of the 21st century.

I don't have an answer for this that's why I asked you guys. So there's no wrong answer of course. But keep in mind nobody had heard of sound of freedom a week before it came out maybe even 3 days. I had no marketing no budget no billboards no commercials and yet this movie is all but assured now to hit 200 million.

On the flip side I was one of those guys last year that said making a Barbie movie was one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. I don't know if I ever went public with it but I know I thought to myself that it was going to tank and tank horribly. These numbers for it are just mind-blowing to me. As I said earlier I can't believe 10:20 shows are selling out locally here. Other people have said that they have their 1:00 a.m. shows sold out and even a 4:00 a.m. show sold out it's just incredible what this movie is doing.

16 minutes ago, Travod said:

Hmm I don't have that problem.

Queen Beyonce GIF

• Haha 4