Eric Burnett

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

19 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I mean, I can keep ideas coming from the toy/tv girl world...

Beanie Babies has possibilities...

Littlest Pet Shop has possibilities...

Pound Puppies has possibilities...

Webkinz has possibilities...

Furby has possibilities...

55c.png

6 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Welcome to BOT. Hope you survive the experience. For your better enjoyment, please always listen to the voices saying to not overhype or underhype things. A lot of us have been saying it would land exactly somewhere around that is landing. Hyperbole is a thing here but only if you listen the most loud voices. A lot of us have been saying it’d land exactly where it’s landing: it’s still the biggest opening of the year for what it will likely biggest film of the year in the domestic market, at very least.

I'm here for more than 10 years, just for info. Go to the buzz thread and you will see what was meant.

52 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

My Little Pony

We already had one (animated). And so I was forced to learn about Bronies

Edited by M37
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Based on Charlie's post, actuals are likely going to push it close to 160M which is great opening though......thing is it's ATP is lower than typical tentpole due to Oppy having all IMAX and lot of PLFs. Oppy's ATP is going to be like 15% higher than Barbie's ATP

Hopefully you're right :). I know it's a great number. It's just, after all the work...and that for nothing...

• ...wtf 1

Just now, el sid said:

Hopefully you're right :). I know it's a great number. It's just, after all the work...and that for nothing...

Wtf? For nothing? Whether it's 150, 155 or 160, it's an insane number.

Jesus Christ, this place sometimes man, I swear...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

5 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

if we're talking LVP of Oppenheimer :qotd: is like a 40 year old man at this point but still somehow feels like a high school drama student playing a general.

I thought he was good in the role. It fit him. Hollywood's mistake was trying to make him a leading man instead of getting him to play slimey,unlikeable or creepy people.

15 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

There is truly nothing more cursed than seeing Zach Galifianakis without facial hair

Schitts Creek What GIF by CBC

you could have given me 20 guesses and I wouldn’t have placed him in that photo 

Edited by M37

1 minute ago, Dominic Draper said:

I thought he was good in the role. It fit him. Hollywood's mistake was trying to make him a leading man instead of getting him to play slimey,unlikeable or creepy people.

The equivalent of "you have a face for radio and personality for cave drawings". Poor guy.

38 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

There is little subtlety, but it's intentional. And even though it's obvious, it's still full of creativity. Whether or not you like what it has to say DOES depend on which side you fall. If you're a normal adult you'll understand why it's saying what it's saying and enjoy the creative and amusing way it's being done. If you're a snowflake, well...

Okay it sounds like it's a fun movie with some subtle messaging (oops, didnt read that right). I just find the "backlash" from far right commentary of the film interesting and amusing considering how well received it appears to be. Thanks for a reply I was looking for.

Edit: misread comment

Edited by Austin

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

Wtf? For nothing? Whether it's 150, 155 or 160, it's an insane number.

Jesus Christ, this place sometimes man, I swear...

I need a long break too.

Meine Güte 😖. The tracking was meant of course.

Just now, Austin said:

Okay it sounds like it's a fun movie with some subtle messaging. I just find the "backlash" from far right commentary of the film interesting and amusing considering how well received it appears to be. Thanks for a reply I was more or less hoping for.

No, no. There is nothing subtle about it, as I said. But it's not supposed to be subtle. If you completely disagree with the message that is quite literally being shouted at you, then chances are you won't like it.

• Like 3