Eric is Quiet

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Wakes up…

OMG boys, how are you still managing to make Barbie about Star Wars…

48 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

hmm. 12 more pages needed. we can do this.

THE LAST JEDI is best Star Wars film.

Rose Mciver Reaction GIF by CBS

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

In '99 my gf and I were 20 and leading up to TPM's release she was obsessed with Jar Jar because she thought he was the cutest thing ever. 

I bought her so much Jar Jar shit.  Those Taco Bell cups with the character toppers?  YES!  Whatever I saw that had Jar Jar's face on it, I bought it for her.  Talking toys, plush toys, posters, literally everything I could find anywhere.  Basically, I was the bf of the year because I satisfied her Jar Jar thirst.  

We broke up a few years later and I still look back and laugh wondering how long she kept all that shit and how/when she finally threw it all away.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

But I feel like we could get to another 10 pages in a better way.

-writes up something about feminism-

-looks at it-

Nah… that might be too spicy 🤭

• Haha 1

Unpopular opinion jar jar>  Rose tico.

Jar jar is hyper cringe but you can't take him seriously . his a goof comedic relief gone terribly wrong.

But once rose tico utters "you don't have to do it by fighting what you hate,you have it to do it by saving what you love" then precedes to kiss Finn with zero setup of romantic tension or feelings  while  the first order plunges a whole through the rebel base in the background. 

Absolutely cringworthy and  terrible scene and summizes my whole problem with her she is not character but  just  a plot device and a glorified text to speech engine .  

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

Wakes up…

OMG boys, how are you still managing to make Barbie about Star Wars…

Rose Mciver Reaction GIF by CBS

Well, the same rampant consumerism that made Barbie big is what drove SW as well. SW is nothing but a toy commercial. No better than Transformers...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

In '99 my gf and I were 20 and leading up to TPM's release she was obsessed with Jar Jar because she thought he was the cutest thing ever. 

I bought her so much Jar Jar shit.  Those Taco Bell cups with the character toppers?  YES!  Whatever I saw that had Jar Jar's face on it, I bought it for her.  Talking toys, plush toys, posters, literally everything I could find anywhere.  Basically, I was the bf of the year because I satisfied her Jar Jar thirst.  

We broke up a few years later and I still look back and laugh wondering how long she kept all that shit and how/when she finally threw it all away.

FhoDaz0XwAgyosX.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Cap said:

But I feel like we could get to another 10 pages in a better way.

-writes up something about feminism-

-looks at it-

Nah… that might be too spicy 🤭

I have another idea. Its not new, bit it has proven succesfull in the past:

l-intro-1659010210.jpg

Everyone, what is your favourite pasta?

• Haha 1

Oppenheimer is probably the best film of the decade so far. I know saying this seems like recency bias, but I never really assess or overhype movies that way. The only other contenders for me off the top of my head are The Father, Minari, Pig, and The Worst Person in the World. EEAAO is fantastic but a runner-up to these 5, imo.

Edited by Dragoncaine

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Unpopular opinion jar jar>  Rose tico.

Jar jar is hyper cringe but you can't take him seriously . his a goof comedic relief gone terribly wrong.

I honestly didn't know Jar Jar was supposed to be funny when I was 5

1 minute ago, Dragoncaine said:

Oppenheimer is probably the best film of the decade so far. I know saying this seems like recency bias, but I never really assess or overhype movies that way. The only other contenders for me off the top of my head are The Father, Minari, Pig, and The Worst Person in the World. EEAAO is fantastic but a runner-up to these 5, imo.

1. Babylon

2. Way Of Water

3. West Side Story

4. The Batman

5. TAR

6. TGM

7. The Father

8. Elvis

9. The Whale

10. Decision to Leave. 

Haven't seen Oppenheimer yet. 

• Thanks 1

This book is sooooooo huge between female tik tokers. This movie like the upcoming The seven husband of Evelyn Hugo deserved the big screen.

I hope after the Barbie boom we're gonna see more female flick again on the big screen. This book has a 50 times bigger fanbase than Blue Beetle, whatever that thing is supposed to be. And you make these movies with 30M dollars, not 150. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1