Eric the Minion

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

1 hour ago, 21C said:

Broccolis are gonna be next-level stupid if they don't land him for Bond after this.

If he does Bond, it will be very, very interesting to see who's cast as Bond, particularly given the push recently to cast a non-white Bond. A Nolan-directed Bond movie with a Black actor as Bond, for instance, would probably result in less pushback than most racebent castings. (The hype around Nolan directing would just cancel a lot of that out, I think.) That said, I'd say the odds of Bond remaining white are pretty high. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

The record Oppenheimer is really aiming for is around $84.5million AKA Biggest Opening Weekend for an Alden Ehrenreich Film.

On a sorta related note a 72 million Friday for barbie  would match rogue ones opening day

23 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Comment to save so if it happens will bring it up along with receips when it happens and some come nobody said in this sub blah blah. 

This is the message:

Dune part 2 could underperform and Villanueve will not have HBO MAX or day and date to blame.   

Saved. 

It will all come down to it's opening slot. Dune part 2 needs to move away from all sorts of Competition and seek a competition free slot and imo in such scenario the sky is the limit. They need all the media and buzz for themselves

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I think Eric mentioned on another thread that Dune was like the third biggest DVD/Blu-Ray of 2022, which is a good sign that the fan base is expanding. Combined with positive audience stats and legs, as well as an increase in action and scale, Dune 2 should see a notable increase. 

More likely b/c it's the kind of movie to get on BR for the die hards instead of lower quality streaming/digital.  780k BR copies. 200K in DVD.  Not sure that pushes the needle much on theatrical

Est. Domestic DVD Sales $3,435,777  
Est. Domestic Blu-ray Sales $15,856,926  
Total Est. Domestic Video Sales $19,292,703

BTW, fourth in units, sixth in revenue. https://www.the-numbers.com/home-market/packaged-media-sales/2022

Looking at the charts - these numbers are so sad. I still don't understand why studios skipped home video for straight to streaming. Sure some were building streaming services but they killed an entire market.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Oppenheimer definitely has a path to BD/BP wins now. It’s right up their alley to start with, when will Nolan ever have this level of both critical acclaim and commercial success again, and Nolan has been around long enough and “snubbed” enough to have a bit of the legacy win narrative going for him by this point. It’s a perfect storm unless there is something that somehow ticks even more boxes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, screambaby said:

On a sorta related note a 72 million Friday for barbie  would match rogue ones opening day

I don't think Barbie will be that frontloaded example Rouge one Fri to saturday opening weekend drop was 34%.. That is just within the opening weekend from fri to sat. 

I think we will see max 20% drop from fri to sat for Barbie or even sub-20%

Edited by Geo1500

I'm more curious in what does the success of Barbie does for Greta Gerwig's future. The Narnia stuff for Netflix is fine but what Nolan and Peele did that was smart was immediately captialize on their brand when they both blew up with TDK and Get Out respectively with original films to confirm their brand. 

• Like 3