upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

28 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

This is free viral marketing, btw. Please chuds, keep some of this energy for The Marvels. Carol, Kamala and Monica deserve a piece of this pie too.

Some of them have made a whole YouTube cottage industry over the past 4+ years ranting about Brie Larson. I think she's good. 

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

sometimes even 63% jump off 200K Ken be Kenough. It went up so I'll take it. behold the Jiminaissance! 

Now we just need Taehyung to dress in pink and say Hello it's me Barbie for a seismic jump

• Haha 3

Elon Musk has mocked Barbie for whatever and Oppenheimer for being boring and also agreed with OpenAI (ChatGPT) CEO Sam Altman that the film is not inspirational for physicists (way to get the wrong lesson from the movie tech bros).

so this is all Streisand Effect for both movies

Edited by hasanahmad
  • Like 4

Amazing number for Barbie! I know that before they were rumors of a $30, but that would have been something unheard (a 31, 4% drop from monday with no holidays). A $26,1 monday represents a 40,3% drop from sunday wich is AMAZING. Even more amazing is that on sunday it drop only 8,6% from saturday. I don't think that this lock the movie for $500 but makes it very posible. We should see how weekdays go. I expect a 10% drop on tuesday, then a 25% on wednesday and a 10% on thrusday. So 26,1 / 23,5 / 17,6 / 15,8 for a $245 opening week. Then i expect a $72 second weekend for a 10 day total of $317. With good holds it could reach $500 but it's not a lock. I never expected Barbie to make $300 domestic, so this performance is amazing. I hope it can develop some nice legs and make it to $500 or even more

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Noticing Mario Bros went up 28% this past weekend. I know it and Oppenheimer share a studio but surely there were no drive in pairings of the two

movies in theater for a long time always get a bump in the end as they are ready to go out. this is normal

53 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Most Impressive post avatar are Barbie, TGM, Avengers, Joker and Frozen. 

Theres Jurassic World (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), American Sniper, Deadpool and Bohemian Rhapsody missing imo.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Black Panther is a cultural event. Wakanda is now much bigger than a simple mythological place in a superhero film and part of Black culture not just in the United States, but worldwide. It’s the utopia of the Black diaspora and has broken the bubble of genre films in ways that are completely unheard of. 

Underplaying that and saying that it was big thanks to the Avengers is some gross misunderstanding of why that film went as big as it did. If it held any merit, you’d see a similar boost to Ant-Man and the Wasp, and that never happened.

I agree. Black Panther was an event movie. 

It was likely "helped" by Avengers at some level, but the celebration of black culture was clearly a bigger draw.

You just need to see the demographics for Black Panther. The percentage of black people was bigger than any Avenger movie, which means people who never seen an Avenger movie see this movie.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

Missed the talk of most impressive blockbuster runs since the 2010s boom, but if I had to make a line up, it’d be:

1. Black Panther
  2. Barbie
  3. Oppenheimer
  4. Frozen 
  5. Top Gun Maverick 
  6. American Sniper 
  7. Avengers
  8. Joker
  9. The Force Awakens
  10. Jurassic World
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WorkingonaName said:

Most Impressive post avatar are Barbie, TGM, Avengers, Joker and Frozen. 

top 10

1. Frozen

2. Joker

3. TGM

4. Barbie

5. Avengers

6. Oppenheimer

7. Jumanji

8. Bohemian Rhapsody

9. Greatest Showman

10. Jurassic World

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Elon Musk has mocked Barbie for whatever and Oppenheimer for being boring and also agreed with OpenAI (ChatGPT) CEO Sam Altman that the film is not inspirational for physicists (way to get the wrong lesson from the movie tech bros).

so this is all Streisand Effect for both movies

We all know the only movies he likes are the X-Men franchise, the xXx franchise, Project X and Malcolm X.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kon said:

You just need to see the demographics for Black Panther. The percentage of black people was bigger than any Avenger movie, which means people who never seen an Avenger movie see this movie.

Based on diversity demo breakdown from Deadline, Black Panther made ~$75M from Black audiences during OW. Endgame was "only" ~$55M, NWH ~$45M. Barbie fwiw was ~$20M, and TGM only about ... $9M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

This is free viral marketing, btw. Please chuds, keep some of this energy for The Marvels. Carol, Kamala and Monica deserve a piece of this pie too.

He truly is a predictable piece of shit, isn't he?

PS: Next time just put the link of the page directly without a twitter link, no need to give that jerk more money

• Thanks 1