Shawn Robbins

The Box Office Buzz, Tracking, and Pre-Sale Thread

14 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Oh sorry, it's just that showtimes have already been starting to pop-up so I was just wondering

Yes, but they're greyed out.  At least on Fandango. Other sites?  Likely one can try to buy tickets only for them not to go through when one actually tries to purchase.

4 hours ago, Eric Gray Baird said:

Clay, I’ve told you and everybody else this a million times: audiences are the least demanding they have ever been and only want to watch nostalgic toy commercials. How many times do we have to do this song and dance before this is understood? Honestly.

Come to Portugal, we watch all kinds of movies here. KOTFM and A Haunting in Venice doubled shit like Flash and Transformers here.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

On 11/17/2023 at 2:36 AM, Porthos said:

Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report:

T-14 days and counting

Capped

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

7.23%

Total Showings Removed Since Sunday

Total Seats Removed Since Sunday

Total Seats Sold Since Sunday

Percentage of sales versus TET's Thursday Preview FINAL:

0.72173x The Era Tours Final Previews [2.43m] [1.2x adj]

--

Before anyone asks, no real change in thoughts since this time Sunday/last week. 

Next update Sunday night.

Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report:

T-11 days and counting

Capped

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

7.42%

Total Seats Sold Since Last Thursday

Percentage of sales versus TET's Thursday Preview FINAL:

0.74041x The Era Tours Final Previews [2.49m] [1.2x adj]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 11/19/2023 at 1:34 AM, Porthos said:

Quick and Dirty Wish Sacramento Report [T-3]

1318/13946 (9.45% sold) [+342 tickets] [634 EA (+245) | 684 Tue (+97)]  103 showings (9 EA | 94 Tue)

2.47744x Elemental at T-3 [NO OVERALL COMP THANKS TO EA/DT MIX]

0.69005x Elemental FINAL TOTAL

EA ONLY COMP:

0.33194x Elemental [FINAL] [797k - SAT ONLY]

---

TUESDAY ONLY COMP:

0.98276x TMNT:MM at T-3 [3.78m - TUE ONLY] [Not Adjusted for lower ATP due to more kids tickets sold]

1.28571x Elemental at T-3   [3.08m - TUE ONLY] [Not Adjusted for lower ATP due to mix of more DT tickets]

===

Well, compared to other markets Sacramento def looks to be on the hot side.  Sold very well today for the Early Access and even the Tuesday showtimes didn't take much of a hit.  Gonna be curious to see Sunday sales as WOM gets around town/decent chunk of demand burnt off.

Aside from that, not many thoughts.  Besides noting that the comps could be (much) better, but watcha gonna do? Continue to think about it.  Maybe.  Is a Q&D after all. 🙂

Quick and Dirty Wish Sacramento Report [T-2]

1482/13946 (10.63% sold) [+164 tickets] [634 EA (FINAL) | 848 Tue (+164)]  103 showings (9 EA | 94 Tue)

2.2021x Elemental at T-2 [NO OVERALL COMP THANKS TO EA/DT MIX]

0.77591x Elemental FINAL TOTAL

TUESDAY ONLY COMP:

0.94327x TMNT:MM at T-2 [3.63m - TUE ONLY] [Not Adjusted for lower ATP due to more kids tickets sold]

1.26003x Elemental at T-2  [3.02m - TUE ONLY] [Not Adjusted for lower ATP due to mix of more DT tickets]

========

EA ONLY COMP:

0.33194x Elemental [FINAL] [797k - SAT ONLY]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

:( I just don't get it. All the trackers have it around 2, and sales around me look good. To be clear, I believe you, but it sucks.

Napoleon is presenting as a subscriber-only skewing movie...GA not onboard at all...yet.  And it's getting late for them to do so...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Napoleon is presenting as a subscriber-only skewing movie...GA not onboard at all...yet.  And it's getting late for them to do so...

You might be describing Wish and D+ too. Lots of people could be waiting to watch it for free on D+ if the overall score is still Rotten by release date. It's not looking to be must see for the GA.

Disney has been doing a terrible marketing for it, not really selling the weird animation. Bad OW incoming?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eric Gray Baird said:

Clay, I’ve told you and everybody else this a million times: audiences are the least demanding they have ever been and only want to watch nostalgic toy commercials. How many times do we have to do this song and dance before this is understood? Honestly.

This is lowkey true af. Most of the major hits of the 2020s have been nostalgic trips. TGM, NWH, Avatar 2, Barbie, Mario. 

the main premise to these films are : Hey remember that thing you loved years ago, come watch it on the big screen and recapture those old feelings 

• Like 7

Back on tracking...

For presales, Cinemark is planning to let every movie be this Christmas - and they are not going all in on anything til a movie proves it's worth it (which has seemed to be their strategy since June)...

Aquaman only starts with 2 screens (1PLF/1 reg) and Migration starts with 1 at my 14.

And unbelievably, Aquaman starts with 1 screen, as does Migration at my 12.

Edit to add: and since I never mentioned them...

Wonka - 2 screens at each (1 PLF/1 reg and 2 reg) - so a few more shows than Aquaman

The Color Purple - 1 screen each (1 reg and 1 reg) - so less than Wonka,

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Back on tracking...

For presales, Cinemark is planning to let every movie be this Christmas - and they are not going all in on anything til a movie proves its worth it (which has seemed to be their strategy since June)...

Aquaman only starts with 2 screens (1PLF/1 reg) and Migration starts with 1 at my 14.

And unbelievably, Aquaman starts with 1 screen, as does Migration at my 12.

Seeing similar things at my tracked theaters. At one of them, Aquaman has one bigger screen and Migration has one smaller screen. 

• Like 2