TC = 27

Comps 

1.65x Fall Guy T-2 = $3.8m

1.12x Furiosa T-2 = $3.9m

1.51x Civil War T-2 = $4.4m

0.46x GxK NE T-2 = $4.6m

AVG = $4.18m

----

Nice day. The Fall Guy and Civil War comps were pulled 8-10 hrs later so the average is probably undershooting a bit. 

Indiana

Bad Boys: Ride or Die T-1

Sales     Seats     Shows  
  1161   30976   174

TC = 27

Comps 

1.87x Fall Guy T-1 = $4.3m*

1.64x Civil War T-1 = $4.8m*

0.35x One Love Wed T-1 = $4.9m

0.50x GxK NE T-1 = $5.0m

* pulled 8-10 hrs later

AVG = $4.75m

---

Swapped Furiosa with One Love to better capture movies with good walkups. Would guess ~$5m tomorrow, but this could be one of those where comps ramp up at T-0

Edited by jeffthehat
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Now that I think about it, we might all be talking about different things.  Maybe.

There is a Funko event that I am reasonably sure is limited to Marcus Theater/Movie Tavern on Saturday.

The El Capitan has some sort of event on Friday, but it's the El Capitan and they often have exclusives.

Might be something about a different fan event (listed on Fandango), but it might just be the above as I can't find anything else about the so-called "INSIDE OUT 2 - OPENING WEEK FAN EVENT (2024)" on Google except for something at ElCap.

FWIW, locally I just have bog-standard showings on FSS with no special events anywhere within 30 miles.

===========

ETA::::

People love them their Funkos. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just means people with Marcus Theaters in their regions likely need to adjust a bit when projecting outwards.

What I’m referring to is a 3D showing at AMC theaters at 12:00 pm on Sunday. It’s at the majority of AMC theaters near me

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Flip said:

What I’m referring to is a 3D showing at AMC theaters at 12:00 pm on Sunday. It’s at the majority of AMC theaters near me

Probably this then:  https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/inside-out-2-fan-event-76930

FWIW, no AMCs in my market.  

As to the larger point of Disney caring about taking money from Thursday previews from some chains to days on Sat/Sun of the OW...  Why would they?  Care that is.  When it comes to caring, it's the OW number itself which drives the headlines and while a Thur preview can (and often will) shape initial impressions, it's the weekend itself which is the real driver.

Sure it mucks up some of our comps.  But I tend to think Studios don't care one whit about our little travails and concerns.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Flip said:

I don't know what this refers to because I don't see any special AMC shows near me on that Sunday

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't know what this refers to because I don't see any special AMC shows near me on that Sunday

Might be regional.  Here are some in the LA area (zip code chosen at random)

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/inside-out-2-fan-event-76930/showtimes/inside-out-2-fan-event-76930/2024-06-16/universal-cinema-amc-at-citywalk-hollywood/all

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Ahh well now it shows up locally for me (Atlanta). Dunno why Fandango doesn't help here

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

Ahh well now it shows up locally for me (Atlanta). Dunno why Fandango doesn't help here

Might be a pure chain exclusive as sometimes things don't show up on Fandango and are only on the corp sites.  I've been caught up by that a couple of times with Cinemark exclusives during my tracks.

Still early goings but so far just a party of four on Wednesday at the theater I'm tracking for DM4

I wonder how much of a draw that "super ticket" is gonna be. Seems like a lot of trash for parents to want to spend $20 each on

4 minutes ago, Relevation said:

Despicable Me 4 tickets went on sale this morning for anyone tracking it

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Still early goings but so far just a party of four on Wednesday at the theater I'm tracking for DM4

I wonder how much of a draw that "super ticket" is gonna be. Seems like a lot of trash for parents to want to spend $20 each on

Took a super casual glance at Century Arden and... it's playing exactly like a kids movie 28 days out.  Smattering of sales here and there but zero sign of any real fan rush.

Or, rather, the fact that there are any sales at all is the sign of the fans buying tickets today.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Relevation said:

Despicable Me 4 tickets went on sale this morning for anyone tracking it

If you want to go by presales for this movie that far from release, I would call it a flop /s 

That said what matters is where it is say days to release. We will know by Jul 1st if its opening anywhere near Minions or not. Until then it does not matter. 

1 minute ago, YM! said:

Which one is this one?

Sunday shows. 

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 2

Inside Out 2

Thurs June 14-Fri June 15 (T-9)

Vancouver and Calgary Canada

# theatre #show Seats Sold Seats Rem Ttl seat Percent
Vancouver Thurs 2 10 107 1685 1792 0.0597
  Fri 2 17 225 3178 3403 0.0661

# theatre #show Seats Sold Seats Rem Ttl seat Percent
Calgary Thurs 4 16 86 3262 3348 0.0256
  Fri 4 22 240 2235 2475 0.0969
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

No Despicable Me tickets on sale yet for MTC4. 

I'm not complaining. I don't need that to be a full month of tracking. It would be great to push that until after Bad Boys runs its course.

• Like 1

The Watchers has sold 4 tickets for tomorrow. 

Abigail was at 14 for my catchment at similar point. Imaginary was at 19. Night swim was at 106, but that was when kids were still off school at Christmas.

Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

https://deadline.com/2024/06/bad-boys-ride-or-die-will-smith-the-watchers-box-office-1235960054/

Sony‘s Bad Boys: Ride or Die will hopefully hit $75M or more in its global outing this weekend, in a marketplace that has suffered from not only lackluster, but lack of product. Broken out that’s $40M+ in U.S. and Canada and $35M abroad in a 92% footprint.

Presales for the R-rated fourthquel are behind that of the previous pre-Covid threequel, Bad Boys for Life, which hit a franchise opening high stateside of $62.5M 3-day and $101M worldwide. A few weeks ago domestic projections were at $50M domestic, but that simmered to $40M of late per several sources; Sony is officially calling the U.S. start at $30M+. Trepidation stems from the offbeat marketplace, which sources believe will pick up over Fathers Day with Disney/Pixar’s Inside Out 2 (currently at a $80M-$85M U.S./Canada projection).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1