katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

Mission: Impossible” took the No. 5 spot on domestic charts with $10.2 million from 3,191 venues in its third outing. Despite positive reviews, the $291 million-budgeted blockbuster has stumbled in the wake of “Barbenheimer.”

https://variety.com/2023/film/box-office/barbie-box-office-oppenheimer-second-weekend-records-1235681039/

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Honestly WB might move a title or two to balance the books for next year, they did with HBP 15 years ago because TDK made so much money and they needed a banker for the year after. 

Wonka I think is safe and I get the sense they're really confident in it hence why it was attached to Barbie. 

6 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I wonder if Ariana getting with her costar will have any affect on turnout. They are trying to claim they were both separated before anything happened, but even her fans aren't entirely buying it (that Mother’s Day post of his "liked by arianagrande" is not helping their csse).

Audiences can forgive costars who hook up if they were already famous and really hot (Mr

& Mrs. Smith). Ethan Slater was largely unknown two weeks ago and he resembles Frankie Grande. Maybe the Other Woman Defense Brigade that's so active in social media will show up on huge numbers to theaters. Though the release date is so long from now, any controversy might all blow over by then.

They will be broken up by then. 

• Haha 1

Insane second weekend drops for both. 

Barbie over $350m domestic already is unbelievable. I never expected this a few months ago.

Just having dinner at a VIP screening of it for round 2, with a pink Barbie Prosecco cocktail of course. 

• Like 5