katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

With that budget Haunted Mansion was doomed to fail even if it was great. Bad release date and the fact that horror has a limit especially PG in terms of boxoffice. No horror movie except like It would've made money if their budget was $150M. I'm starting to worry for Disney this is like their 5th boxoffice  disappointment this year. 

Edited by Godzilla
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Do you know the difference between 'and' and '&' when it comes to screenwriting credits?  

"Greta Gerwig and Erin Cressida Wilson" means something completely different than "Greta Gerwig & Erin Cressida Wilson"

Hey, I had no idea! Do you mind explaining that one to me?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Marvels, Cap, and Thunderbolts all have the highest bomb potential of probably any MCU films up to this point. It’s insane to say the next Avengers is a lock for anything. For all we know, MCU could be like DCEU by that point. 

I already have an avatar bet for The Marvels, given that I’ve aimed to the stars there. But I’ll tell you what: I bet Captain America: Brave New World tops The Winter Soldier unadjusted and while I have no clue about Thunderbolts, I bet that it doesn’t bomb either. 

What I find interesting about Anthony Mackie out of all people becoming Captain America is that just like Chris Evans, I doubted he could pull it off. I think that the Domestic Black community is underserved of Black idols and films with Black actors front and center. With the right angle and getting a release close to the US elections, this has more potential domestic than people are realizing, in my humble opinion. It’s clearly going for a very political thriller angle on that one, similar to The Winter Soldier.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

DIsney has a bad year and people act like the apocalypse has come. Every studio has the occasional bad year. Disney will survive.

And at least they can get some joy out of their arch enemy in Florida doing a crash and burn......

People seem to forget they have other revenue streams aside from films, the cruise lines are doing so well, they're commissioning more ships as well as the parks which generate lots as well.

Honestly, they've been through worse.

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

& means they wrote it together (Barbie has: Greta Gerwig & Noah Baumbach)

and means they wrote is separately. So Gerwig wrote a draft, and another writer came in to re-write it, that would get them the and credit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ringedmortality said:

and means they wrote is separately. So Gerwig wrote a draft, and another writer came in to re-write it, that would get them the and credit.

In this case, I think Erin Cressida Wilson wrote the first draft then Greta rewrote it. 

13 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

4 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

thatsabingo.gif

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Marvels, Cap, and Thunderbolts all have the highest bomb potential of probably any MCU films up to this point. It’s insane to say the next Avengers is a lock for anything. For all we know, MCU could be like DCEU by that point. 

Marvels should do decently and Cap can perhaps coast by with the brand name. Thunderbolts though looks really vulnerable and honestly studios should look to challenge the Dec release date it currently has.

20 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s disingenuous shit. I have you on ignore, but I will entertain this answer:

Barbie is a strong feminist take on a feminist toy. Snow White is obviously shaping up as a strong feminist take on a fairytale. It’s reportedly co-written by Greta Gerwig and everything that it’s said here:

Seems like a fitting follow up and a spiritual successor of Barbie this year. The public that went nuts for Barbie won’t go away, and soon people will see that Barbie didn’t got popular because of memes. It turns out that if you make films directly aimed towards women, they connect with it. If anything, the more outraged people get at this film, even better for it next year.

My guy every Disney princess remake has been a "strong feminist take". It's also obvious you actually haven't seen Barbie so the only thing you can say about it is "strong feminist take" eventhough it's something else entirely. 

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

My guy every Disney princess remake has been a "strong feminist take". It's also obvious you actually haven't seen Barbie so the only thing you can say about it is "strong feminist take" eventhough it's something else entirely. 

We are back to the topic of trying to define what Barbie is and claim what the film is, it seems. Yeah… 

Bait GIF

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think that's going a bit too far. Lol If those movies are good/well received, they have the potential to be successful and turn a profit. But regardless, the MCU still has the main players (Deadpool, Spider-Man, Blade, X-Men, FF) waiting in the wings. Unless/until they are tainted with bad movies, I don't think the MCU is close to becoming like the DCEU.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eric the Hatbox Ghost said:

Moderation

Not when I'm around. Cut this schtick out or I'm going to cut you out. Your choice.

Im honestly curious what the problem is with this post. I don't understand what you're upset about.

More importantly why do you have to come across so harshly? You were never like this as a poster. Why can't you be a bit nicer?

• Like 2
  • Heart 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I think that's going a bit too far. Lol If those movies are good/well received, they have the potential to be successful and turn a profit. But regardless, the MCU still has the main players (Deadpool, Spider-Man, Blade, X-Men, FF) waiting in the wings. Unless/until they are tainted with bad movies, I don't think the MCU is close to becoming like the DCEU.  

James Franco Reaction GIF

I’ve been hearing and dancing to this song for the last ten years. At first you take it seriously, with some time you take it like a danger room session. Talking about danger room, anyone that is an X-Men fan do yourself a favor and read last Wednesday’s Hellfire Gala 2023’s comic book. It’s the debut of Ms. Marvel as a mutant but it’s also so much more. It’s possibly a bit hard to grasp for those that haven’t been following comics for a while but I promise you that it’s one of the best X-Men comics of all time. Also one of the saddest. This is likely my next tattoo and it’s related to something that happens there and I bet that it will be used in the MCU when the time comes:

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Im honestly curious what the problem is with this post. I don't understand what you're upset about.

More importantly why do you have to come across so harshly? You were never like this as a poster. Why can't you be a bit nicer?

PS: Despite our one billion differences, let it be known: love you, B.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1