kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

17 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Inception in 04: Cruise in the lead, Natalie Portman as Page's role, Juliette Binonche as Marion Cottilard, Jude Law as Hardy, that's all I got.

Outside of Hardy, that’s a huge upgrade lol

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, TMNT making less than the two most recent live action films can’t be good. I know it cost less, but the international numbers so far are pretty dire. 

Yeah, internationally it looks disastrous. I don't think Paramount expected that. They better hope it gets some worldwide buzz after the digital release in advance for the sequel.

Edited by Jovan

TMNT has a decent chance at becoming the second highest grossing TMNT film domestically if it benefits from decent weekend drops onward, an empty schedule, and upcoming cinema day/labor day boosts. It has maybe an equal, perhaps lesser chance at hitting the $200M worldwide mark if international holds and remaining markets are kinder to it.

Falling short of that, Mutant Mayhem still laid the groundswell for what has been cited as a year where the franchise pulled in $1b in global sales based off of the work Paramount put into licensing and merchandising for the series, because at the end of the day that's really what it's all about ain't it?

It'll get its streaming series and its sequel, and even if it isn't quite the Spider-Verse/PIB success story, it's still a pretty respectable performer for a summer that has had marketing and release plans hamstrung by strikes and Barbenheimer, especially given it was made on the cheap. 

Edited by electride
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

If Nolan’s career had blown up just a few years earlier he definitely would’ve done a movie with Cruise before he went fully into control freak mode. Like if Inception was made in 2004 Cruise would’ve been the lead 100%.

Wasn’t Will Smith offered the lead originally?

42 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

8.5M Early Projection

That'd be atrocious considering it's previews were roughly on par with Shazam's and it's still Summer in a good chunk of the country (school starts going back here on Monday so Sunday should be a bit higher of a drop from Sat compared to the last few weeks)

1 hour ago, vinny2487 said:

Just came back from the movies (Blue Beetle is amazing) and was talking to one of the employees. She said the theater may close early Sunday due to the tropical storm. Anyone in the LA/OC/SD area hear anything similar? 

Damn really? I hope I get a refund then lol or a chance to watch another day since I’m in the LA area. 

LA/OC/SD being down is going to effect Blue Beetle since those are Latino majority areas… this film can’t catch a break 😕