kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

21 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Also as pointed out elsewhere the film has 5 antagonists, but only has any function for one of them. 

That was me, someone removed the comment for whatever reason. My point was it's very dishonest to both complain about 3 villains in SM3 when it actually took time to develop all of them and give each of them clear arc and motive, and at the same time praising NWH when it had 5 villains, with most of them serving no purpose other than "Hey, I know this guy!", and many more heroes, and all of this with shorter runtime.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

The takes you are seeing are because the entire plot of the film hinges on firstly, one character agreeing to something totally at odds with everything previously established about that character; and then secondly, another character randomly pulling a skill (that it's been established takes months if not years to learn) from his own backside in a crunchingly clunky manner.

Those aren't two tangential things that happened. That's not nit-picking. Those are literally the two primary inciting incidents of the film. 

Also as pointed out elsewhere the film has 5 antagonists, but only has any function for one of them. 

Yeah everything around strange was just a mess. And yeah  they do nothing with other villians  

But what they do with goblin vs peter is pretty great and glues the movie together for me. Ending 5 mins  are  top tier MCU.

First half is good but has pacing issues,second act is the best,third act is good enough and  like it's resolved by peter  making a personal sacrifice. 

Tom Holland is fantastic in this film.

Maguire and Garfield are just there and have typical spiderman dialogue we've had in alot of Spidey films. They do fine but they are not really developed much.

7.5/10 movie for me.  It's a typical infinity saga MCU and not anywhere near top tier for me.  Flawed but with good character work and moments. 

Way better than alot of what we are getting nowdays

Phase 4 and beyond

GOTG 3

WF

NWH

Schang chi

DS2

BW

QM

Eternals

TLT.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

While we're still here, I'll just say TASM2 is underrated. It's flawed, but some individual scenes are amazing, score outside dubstep is great and it actually feels like Spider-Man movie for once. I wish it wasn't hacked in the editing room by Sony, there was clearly a better movie initially.

Edited by TomThomas
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Yeah everything around strange was just a mess. And yeah  they do nothing with other villians  

But what they do with goblin vs peter is pretty great and glues the movie together for me. Ending 5 mins  are  top tier MCU.

First half is good but has pacing issues,second act is the best,third act is good enough and  like it's resolved by peter  making a personal sacrifice. 

Tom Holland is fantastic in this film.

Maguire and Garfield are just there and have typical spiderman dialogue we've had in alot of Spidey films. They do fine but they are not really developed much.

7.5/10 movie for me.  It's a typical infinity saga MCU and not anywhere near top tier for me.  Flawed but with good character work and moments. 

Way better than alot of what we are getting nowdays

Phase 4 and beyond

GOTG 3

WF

NWH

Schang chi

DS2

BW

QM

Eternals

TLT.

Garfield acts circles around Holland in the film.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

MidCU discussions are so boring

Anyone watching the womens world cup? England are getting battered

Once Spain scored the first goal it’s like they ceased to exist. Fun match though, still only takes one moment to change everything in it 

• Like 1

Oh, also the best sequencing of 3 Marvel movies to watch together is and always will be:

First Class - Days of Future Past - Logan.

Just fire them up in that order and you’ll get the best marvel has ever done. You’re welcome.

• Like 4

There's so much to break down and discuss here and for that reason I'm not going to do it LOL but let me just say there's nothing wrong with saying Andrew Garfield is a terrific actor and then in the same breath saying Tom Holland is also a terrific actor. It's not a pissing contest you don't have to choose one over the other. I'm not even a big Tom Holland Spider-Man movie guy but he's terrific in the role.

If there was ever a movie that Andrew Garfield should have won an Oscar for in my opinion, it's hacksaw ridge. I think so many people should have been nominated for an Oscar in that movie. Vince Vaughn Teresa Palmer and of course Andrew Garfield.

And the last thing I'll say is regarding Deadpool part 3, to those of you who said that it's going under deadpool, I just don't see how you could possibly think that. Hugh Jackman and his character are going to add all kinds of interest and just remember when Deadpool part 2 was about to be released almost everybody thought it would go under deadpool. With Ryan Reynolds at least partially running the show, he's going to make sure it's a film that fans want to see.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Oh, also the best sequencing of 3 Marvel movies to watch together is and always will be:

Just fire them up in that order and you’ll get the best marvel has ever done. You’re welcome.

Any movie that has Rose byrne in it has to be good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Yes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Which is basically Fox era X-Men.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

While we're still here, I'll just say TASM2 is underrated. It's flawed, but some individual scenes are amazing, score outside dubstep is great and it actually feels like Spider-Man movie for once. I wish it wasn't hacked in the editing room by Sony, there was clearly a better movie initially.

TASM 1 is pretty solid too. This movies both suffer from extremely lacklustre villians and ploting.

Garfield and Emma stone are great leads.

Like raimi films but Tobey is the weakest in regards to acting of the 3 live action  spidermen.