kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

I can't help but think that having multiple Batmen in it helped The Flash avoid posting numbers nearly as low as the other DC movies this year so far. Everyone involved in the making of Batgirl must be looking at all these nonstarters released since that movie was thrown in the garbage thinking "that's what you get!"

Edited by filmlover

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

I don't think you'd want your serious Peter Parker portrayal to be alongside Zoolander and The Room 🤷‍♂️

And it wasn't a serious portrayal, most memes were about goofy black symbiot infused Peter Parker and he is supposed to be funny, but it seems like it wasn't obvious to some.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I can't help but think that having multiple Batmen in it helped The Flash avoid posting numbers nearly as low as the other DC movies this year so far. Everyone involved in the making of Batgirl must be looking at all these nonstarters released since that movie was thrown in the garbage thinking "that's what you get!"

The Batmen helped but The Flash as a character is far more popular than the other two, the film was mounted on a far larger scale and the marketing was far more prevalent.   Even then one could say it opened to about half what it should have and could have - same as the other 2.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Meg 2 making more than all three DC Movies. How bout that? shark teeth GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Dc fans don’t show up, inspite of their large presence online

worldwide or domestic?

I would think BB will beat Meg 2's total and Meg 2 wont hit The Flash's numbers.

If you are talking about worldwide - you forgot Meg 2 had Wujing hence the China gross..

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It’s the best superhero movie since Endgame imo.

The reason it flopped and got a low score is because DC brand is in the gutters and Ezra Miller is a heavily publicized criminal.

• Disbelief 2

13 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

In 2021, in the midst of a pandemic, 'The Conjuring 3' made a profit and did more worldwide at the box office than the colossal bomb 'The Suicide Squad'. Warner chose to cancel a TCU spinoff and invest in the DCU. Okay, the movie they canceled from TCU had no potential, but 'Annabelle Comes Home' showed several characters and elements with great potential for a spin-off movie and Warner chose to ignore them. This year, The Nun 2 will likely do more than any DCU movie at the worldwide box office and will turn a profit while the DCU will end the year with a big loss. I would call it karma, but it was just Warner making dumb decisions.

Edited by Litio
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

It’s the best superhero movie since Endgame imo.

The reason it flopped and got a low score is because DC brand is in the gutters and Ezra Miller is a heavily publicized criminal.

imo it's an AI generated movie it can't be more basic for an origin story. Also you can't expect an origin story to work anymore were aren't in 2010. Origin stories have been done so many times

On 8/19/2023 at 11:19 AM, LonePirate said:

All of this dogpiling on DC seems to be overlooking or forgetting Pattinson’s The Batman. A sequel is coming and it will likely be very successful, just like its predecessor. The path forward for DC runs through it.

I think Batman 2 will decrease. The first had a lot of curiosity factor but it doesn't seem to have penetrated the pop culture or have much staying power

• Like 1