kayumanggi

Weekdays Aug 28 - 31 | Wednesday | 1.49M BARBIE | 1.08M GRAN TURISMO | 0.79M BLUE BEETLE

17 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

There's hype among the fanbase which is more than any other live action anime adaptation had. the like/dislike ratio on that trailer posted is good. i mean there's every chance anyone who's not already into One Piece is just gonna check it out and say "what the fuck am I looking at here?" so it may flop idk.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/one_piece_2023

What was that about being dogshit?

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Some of the worst shows i've watched recently (Rings of Power, Mando season 3) have higher RT scores than this. TV critics are the easiest marks.

So explain to me why Bebop got ripped to shreds by these same critics?

And the thousands and thousands of fan reviews? Maybe you should watch it, it's actually quite good. Instead of judging it without seeing it. It's NOT Cowboy Bebop.

‘Barbie’ Overtakes ‘Avengers: Endgame’ as Alamo Drafthouse’s Best Selling Movie of All Time

The chain, which has 39 locations across the United States, also held a variety of themed screenings, such as an early access showing with free props and specialty cocktails, as well as a brunch screening complete with mimosas. Other locations hosted dress-up screenings, which encouraged patrons to wear their best BarbieCore or slumber party attire.

“Greta Gerwig has made a film for the ages and we couldn’t be more excited to have ‘Barbie’ as our new No. 1 film at Alamo Drafthouse, proving that great quality films deliver for audiences in a massive way,” says Alamo Drafthouse CEO Michael Kustermann. “In addition to being a certified masterpiece, the film and our wonderful partners at Warner Bros. Pictures enabled us to fire on all cylinders with our unique style of events, food, and promotions to eventize the experience for moviegoers.”

39 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Barbie over $600M DOM on Fri

Over Mario WW by Sun

Just before the end of summer 

The Dark Knight had a 10M 4-day over Labor Day and made a further 30M over it's run. Barbie will likely have a 15M 4-day. It's heading towards a 660M finish with that extra week in IMAX in 3 weeks from now boosting later legs.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CJohn said:

It did more than Tár lmao. Oscar movies DEAD DEAD DEAD.

Lol The Wife made more than Tár in the US, you'd never know that from all the "Lydia Tár is real!" memes and right wingers going viral for misunderstanding the movie. I wonder how many Film Twitter types having the "cultural conversation" about Tár actually saw it for free at festivals/festival screenings/screeners/etc. Great for awards hype but does nothing for the box office.

Oppenheimer showed that big budget Oscar movies can still make major $$$ under the right circumstances, more than anyone had predicted. So maybe there's a chance that smaller prestige movies can get back to pre-pandemic levels too...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Pretty great Wednesday hold for Oppy. 

Should be around $310m after Labor Day Monday off a weekend of around $6m-ish. I think Deadpool 2 at $324.5m can go down. “It” sits at $328.8m, and Joker at $335m. I’m hoping it has enough in the tank to top the latter, but even if it doesn’t within the next couple months, I am wondering what the odds of a 70mm expansion around January or February for awards season could do. Seems like a real missed opportunity if they don’t.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Should be around $310m after Labor Day Monday off a weekend of around $6m-ish. I think Deadpool 2 at $324.5m can go down. “It” sits at $328.8m, and Joker at $335m. I’m hoping it has enough in the tank to top the latter, but even if it doesn’t within the next couple months, I am wondering what the odds of a 70mm expansion around January or February for awards season could do. Seems like a real missed opportunity if they don’t.

This Wednesday number is 43% higher than TDKR's Wednesday. Needs to run around 18.5% higher than TDKR dailies the rest of the way to reach $330M, which is the magic number for a 4.00 multiplier from a $82.455M opening weekend. Not sure it will reach $330M, but it has a decent chance! 

• Like 1