CJohn

FLOP WEEKEND THRE4D | EXPEND4BLES GIG4BOMBS WITH 8.0M OW | HORROR WINS, THE REST LOSES | The Post-Bomb Venice Thread and Pre-Bomb Creator Thread | WE BOMBING, BOYS!

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmaoooo at anyone who thinks A3 will materialize by 2025. Try 2030 if we’re lucky. 

Well the film is already shot, with rough cuts already made. I cant see why it cant come 2025, especially as it was supposed to be coming 2024 until Disney shifted all their future releases around.

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Well the film is already shot, with rough cuts already made. I cant see why it cant come 2025, especially as it was supposed to be coming 2024 until Disney shifted all their future releases around.

Ok I was little hyperbolic with 2030, but cmon there’s no way we get A3 before 2027. JC was already pushing it back a full year before the strikes ever happened. We know how this goes with him. 

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ok I was little hyperbolic with 2030, but cmon there’s no way we get A3 before 2027. JC was already pushing it back a full year before the strikes ever happened. We know how this goes with him. 

Well i think its a different situation than it was with A2, with A3 already shot long ago, and rough cuts of the film already made.

Unless Weta are way behind schedule for whatever reason,  i just cant see how they cant hit their 2025 release.

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Well i think its a different situation than it was with A2, with A3 already shot long ago, and rough cuts of the film already made.

Unless Weta are way behind schedule for whatever reason,  i just cant see how they cant hit their 2025 release.

There was no reason for them to not be able to hit their 2024 release before it got pushed either. This is how it goes with him. It may be shot (which is why we won’t have to wait another decade+), but he will mess around getting the so called “perfect cut” for a few years at least. 

Is dumb money doing ok in that 600+ theaters? I find it meh because A man called Otto which Sony also opted gradual expansion grossed $4.2m in the similar point of the run.

Venice BO is depressing, that movie certainly take a hit due to SGA strike as it rendered Yeoh and Branagh "useless" in the marketing, coming fresh off from their exposure during Oscar.