Eric Wilson

Horizon Part 2 | Pulled from release

Well, it was probably dead in the water but still sucks that August is losing another movie. Already looking like a depleted month as it is. I can imagine the southwest theaters where Horizon actually did sell pretty well will be livid about it, especially with the legal headaches and awkwardness of refunding those bundled tickets.

Edited by AniNate

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What are the chances they just send this straight to Max? Very high, I'd say.

Costner’s the one who decides that, and he’s already paid WB the distribution and marketing fees, seems like it’d be costly to either him or WB to re-negotiate that. He seems adamant about these going to theaters, I would be surprised if this went to Max.

• Like 1

Well, that's gonna mess with the Blank Check schedule once they get to the Costner miniseries...

I was pretty mixed on Horizon, but it had enough interesting ideas that I was looking forward to seeing how it was going to address those dangling threads in Chapter 2. I'll probably still watch it in whatever form it takes, but it definitely won't be in one uninterrupted sitting as it would be if I were seeing it theatrically.

right call, this gamble always heavily reliant on at-home audiences, releasing 2 before so much of its potential audience had a chance to see it was always a big risk

quickly get part 1 on max and try again in February(?)

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

I love Costner, so I'm sad to see this fail.  But even I as a fan couldn't get out to theaters for Part 1...

I see it eventually being repackaged in the future as a 6 or 8-hour miniseries...or 10, if Parts 3 and 4 even get made... 

I had a lot of problems with Part 1 but this still sucks. However if it's not cancelled for good and just pulled off the schedule until further notice, I have no problem with that. I never liked the rollout for this in the first place.

1 hour ago, misterpepp said:

Costner’s the one who decides that, and he’s already paid WB the distribution and marketing fees, seems like it’d be costly to either him or WB to re-negotiate that. He seems adamant about these going to theaters, I would be surprised if this went to Max.

I don't think Costner has as much leverage now, though. Even if he still controls what happens next, is he going to want a repeat of Part 1, and for the same film series to be marked as a failure twice?

Should not surprise anybody after what happened with the first part.

I have always thought this was a project better suited to TV then a thereaticsl movie. Aksing audiences to buy tickets for a four part film always was a big strecht for me.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Well, that sucks. 

2 hours ago, Insomnia said:

I had a lot of problems with Part 1 but this still sucks. However if it's not cancelled for good and just pulled off the schedule until further notice, I have no problem with that. I never liked the rollout for this in the first place.

It will end up  streaming.