grim22

It’s Me. Hi. I’m The Eras Tour Weekend Thread | 39M Friday

4 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Friday the 13th Part V is actually one of the best sequels.

I think it took a lot of fans of Friday the 13th, including myself, to come around to this notion. But once you get past the fact that Roy the paramedic could never do the things that Jason does, it is an absolutely fantastic sequel. And in my opinion, it's the last Friday the 13th that truly keeps the original DNA from the first four films. It's got very similar direction, it keeps manfredini's score to a t and if the sensors hadn't have had a field day with their scissors, it would have been one of the bloodiest films in the series as well. I love Friday the 13th part 5.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

Best 2 Jason Kills are both in Jason X.

The face in the cryo freezer and then smashing it, and beating 2 girls with eachother in their sleeping bags.

Even though I don't like Jason goes to space all that much I do agree that it had some very cool kills in the film. I guess I'm a bit old school when it comes to Jason and his killing so my top three are Andy from part 3, Paul getting a Harpoon gun in his nuts in part 4 and then the remake has in my opinion one of the most horrifying deaths and it's when Richie's leg gets all mangled up in the bear trap, he watches his girlfriend burn to death in a sleeping bag and then just as he thinks he might get out of the bear trap he sees Jason approaching with a machete in his hand and his skull gets split wide open. It's an amazing sequence.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think it took a lot of fans of Friday the 13th, including myself, to come around to this notion. But once you get past the fact that Roy the paramedic could never do the things that Jason does, it is an absolutely fantastic sequel. And in my opinion, it's the last Friday the 13th that truly keeps the original DNA from the first four films. It's got very similar direction, it keeps manfredini's score to a t and if the sensors hadn't have had a field day with their scissors, it would have been one of the bloodiest films in the series as well. I love Friday the 13th part 5.

My favorite is still Part 6! I watched it on Friday night. I came to the series late, though. My first Jason movie was Freddy vs. Jason. I saw it in theaters with some friends in high school and loved it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

My favorite is still Part 6! I watched it on Friday night. I came to the series late, though. My first Jason movie was Freddy vs. Jason. I saw it in theaters with some friends in high school and loved it. 

You're not alone in your admiration for part 6. I'm on a few Friday the 13th forums and there is insane amount of people who say the part 6 is their favorite. It obviously deviates from The originals in that it has more humor and no nudity and I think maybe that appeals to some people a lot. I enjoy part 6 as well I just don't have it quite as high as the first five. And I'm glad you enjoyed Freddy versus jason. I enjoyed that very much as well. In fact I think I was in some kind of apoplectic ecstasy when I was in theaters the first time watching it LOL

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Eric Feels 22 said:

Well he has some prejudice and aversion to killing.

Yeah I remember reading that article as well and good on Hodder, It is debatable as to whether or not Jason did kill muffin in part 2. I don't think he did but there's theories out there that the entire last scene with muffin coming through the door and Jason jumping through the window is nothing but a dream. And there is some validity behind it because at the end Ginny asks where Paul is and no one knows. So it does lend the fact that it was possibly a dream and Jason really did kill muffin.

21 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I think X, 5, 6 are the fun ones. 1-4 are solid. 7-9 and the remake are tedious.

Friday always had the best looking girls too, out of all the slasher series.

Yes and the remake had "stupendous tits" LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Ranking them...

Hmm, I'd go like this.

An Honest Ranking Of Every Friday The 13th Movie By The Star Of BOT

1. Friday The 13th: Part 2
  2. Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter
  3. Friday The 13th (2009)
  4. Friday The 13th: The New Blood (Jean Grey/Raven vs. Jason)
  5. Friday The 13th
  6. Friday The 13th: Jason Lives
  7. Freddy vs. Jason
  8. Friday The 13th: A New Beginning
  9. Friday The 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan
  10. Jason Goes To Hell

I have NOT fully seen Jason X, so I am choosing not to rank them.

But, honestly, anything from 3 to 7 is interchangeable. I recently rewatched ALL of them, and I enjoyed myself. Almost got inspired to write a script myself. Remember enjoying Jean Grey/Raven's installment, and I did again watching it back. Had an incredible setting.

The remake aged better than I remembered. I want a threesome with Jared Padalecki and Travis Van Winkle. But, it was pretty effective in a lot of ways. Pretty people getting chased by a killer always works in my book as long as it's fun. The New Blood & Jason Lives were fun because I enjoyed the nerdy girl in The New Blood and was PISSED when she got murdered.

Jason, why are you a sexist? LOVED the camp and the existence of kids in Jason Lives. At the end of the day, that's what I feel is at the core of the story, the camp, the camp life, the counselors, and Jason...and this had that. Part 2 was great because it really gave me all of that along with a final girl who was kinda cunty...wish she had continued down the line. OMG, the guy in the wheelchair was FINE. The original is cunty, end of story.

Manhattan...I GIGGLED. Why were they only in the city in the last twenty minutes? That was too funny. I definitely had fun with this one, but it was more of so bad, it was fun? Jason Goes To Hell? Nasty ass shit. The story? Shit. The cinematography? The acting? Shit. The whole thing? Shit. I was APPALLED.

I couldn't finish the rewatch of Freddy Vs. Jason...I was getting annoyed with some of the characters and dialogue. I recently dabbled in drugs this past July, but I found the overabundance of that and party-like nature a bit too much. It does have some great shots though, TO ME...to me. And, Kelly Rowland improving an ICONIC line with a homophobic slur to me that gagged the writers so much, but still kept it in the film? CINEMA. The girls delivered here, except for the main girl who was pretty weak to me...TO ME.

This story has a LOT of potential though. Dying for a remake. ❤️

Wish the game was still playable.

I just prayed for 1 hour and 32 min that she would take that white shirt off. Did not notice her acting at all

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

Even though I don't like Jason goes to space all that much I do agree that it had some very cool kills in the film. I guess I'm a bit old school when it comes to Jason and his killing so my top three are Andy from part 3, Paul getting a Harpoon gun in his nuts in part 4 and then the remake has in my opinion one of the most horrifying deaths and it's when Richie's leg gets all mangled up in the bear trap, he watches his girlfriend burn to death in a sleeping bag and then just as he thinks he might get out of the bear trap he sees Jason approaching with a machete in his hand and his skull gets split wide open. It's an amazing sequence.

The scene were Jason takes a girl in her sleepingbag and bangs her into a tree was also awesome. And the wheelchair scene. That was legendary

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Poppins Returns had very limited appeal. Males had zero interest in it and all the singing was very bad.

Wonka has a better shot with Timmy rising star power, and the incredible lack of family options in December. It's just this and Aquaman for the whole month of Dec.

Migration, the biggest advertised animated original since this summer, starts to cry...as does Wish from Thanksgiving and Trolls 3 from the same...

Families do not lack for Dec options this year - Sept/Oct ones, yes, but not Nov/Dec ones...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Gaga’s first era has more CSPC units than any 21st century album bar 21. Touring is only one metric to measure success. 

That has 2 eras combined not 1.

The Fame alone is not bigger than 1989

It contains The Fame Monster as well

Edited by Madhuvan

1 hour ago, Giesi said:

What helped Taylor immensely in the streaming era are the constant releases of new records. Since Lover in summer 2019 she’s dropped 8 (!!!) projects, almost 200 songs in a mere 4 years. And Folklore was her crowning achievement during those years, just like Beyonce’s self-titled it helped  revive interest after a somewhat muted response of their last projects (Lover/4).

Drake has been constantly releasing music and albums too but his stats are constantly declining compared to Taylor