Bob Train

FNAF Weekend Thread (10/27-10/29) | $80m Opening Weekend | Blumhouse's Biggest Opener Ever | $14.7m The Eras Tour | $9.3m KOTFM

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

@Deadline

Dog What GIF

Why the discrepancy in what we reported in previews and where they came out? Hispanic and Latino walk-up business at Cinemark theaters was huge in the South, with the demo winning the night at 42% to 38% Caucasian. The 18-24 sweet spot demo repped 45% of the crowd while the 13-24 set repped a massive 75% of the audience.

So, Deadline failed movie predicting 101 - understand who is going to attend the movie.  It's like Deadline forgot to check our site this week.

13-17 was 30%, even on a school night.

18-24 was 45%.

The other 25% was probably mostly whatever parent got stuck taking the 13-17s...or their little tag along siblings...

Or exactly as BOT has been predicting...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

The 18-24 sweet spot demo repped 45% of the crowd while the 13-24 set repped a massive 75% of the audience.

Oh, it’s going to be a crazy night at your local theater 

new girl fox GIF

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is very good hold for Eras. it will have a good hold going by thu number. 

Not sure what is it meant by "discounted price" but the movie should have no problem going for $175m. This is the range where most people was thinking how much Dune 2 will make. So I would say Eras did her job to "replace" the loss of Q4 theatrical revenue. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Not sure what is it meant by "discounted price" but the movie should have no problem going for $175m. This is the range where most people was thinking how much Dune 2 will make. So I would say Eras did her job to "replace" the loss of Q4 theatrical revenue. 

The price is $13.13 for everyone.

• Like 1

Just catching up, have been scrolling through Gaylor meltdowns for hours (and they are spectacular). Bet Taylor made the Eras movie tickets nonrefundable because she knew she would be ending the shippers during the theatrical run, lol.

$10.3M for FNAF, way better than Deadline's early estimates. Of course they try to say it's because of last-minute walkups, when BOT's trackers were saying double digits previews for weeks.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Arlborn said:

All signs pointing to Wish breaking out big. Charlie has indicated the early pre-sales are great, Shawn has also expressed confidence in it and the marketing seems to really be doing its job.

I'm betting on it being the biggest Disney animation since Frozen 2.

It will really all come down to the soundtrack. I think Tangled is where we can cap an original WDAS musical for gross if the songs don’t really click (even though Tangled OST >>> Frozen imo). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Deadline's opening weekend articles nearly always include demo splits (and other trades come in with them at end of weekend). 

Thank you very much for the answer. 

I will expect to Deadline's opening weekend article.

2 hours ago, M37 said:

Oh, it’s going to be a crazy night at your local theater 

new girl fox GIF

My middle school daughter is trying to convince me to be the chaperone for her group of 15 friends going to see FNAF tonight.

No No No GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 2

Just now, M37 said:

My middle school daughter is trying to convince me to be the chaperone for her group of 15 friends going to see FNAF tonight.

No No No GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

My high school daughter also want me to take her. I am asking another friend instead to take her over the weekend. This movie is attracting most important of all demos. For some reason they want to see it in big screen than seeing it on Peacock(I did tell my daughter that I can sub Peacock for a month)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kon said:

Thank you very much for the answer. 

I will expect to Deadline's opening weekend article.

For information you're probably not looking for - Deadline demo data dries up at some point in the 2010s but BoM weekend articles are moderately easy to find and have at least "4-quadrant" demo data for a good number of films from 2001 to 2017 or so (when the guy who did them left the company). 

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

My high school daughter also want me to take her. I am asking another friend instead to take her over the weekend. This movie is attracting most important of all demos. For some reason they want to see it in big screen than seeing it on Peacock(I did tell my daughter that I can sub Peacock for a month)

Ah, go - how many wholesome Halloween activities do teens and young adults get (this is why I gave in:)...yes, I also suggested Peacock and was told how wrong that would be!

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I've got 5 between 11 and 21 tomorrow...you know you wanna!

Ok, some kids aren’t going so it’s only like 8 or 9. Which would be tolerable on its own … but for an opening Friday night show, I’m going be way outnumbered by the teens 

And the only other shows around the time they picked are Paw Patrol (no) and ERAS (oh god that’s worse), so …

200.gif

• Haha 1