XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

26 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Switching gears a bit...A live action Miles Morales film could make some serious cash. His character has lots of good will among fans rn and it will only grow as BTSV inevitably hits it out of the park.

ngl, every passing month that goes by without an announcement about some sort of live action Miles Morales, the more surprised I get.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Sony would rather make 10 Z-list characters spinoff than give the audience what they want 

Spider-Man Noir TV series is still further along the tracks than Anything Live Action Miles Morales!!!

No shade cast on Spider-Man Noir, as that's a fantastic concept, with or without Nic Cage.  But, c'mon now!  Bags and bags and bags of cash, just sitting there begging to be picked up!

50 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Switching gears a bit...A live action Miles Morales film could make some serious cash. His character has lots of good will among fans rn and it will only grow as BTSV inevitably hits it out of the park.

pascal already confirmed a live-action Miles movie is vary early in the works, probably set up in spider-man 4

• Sad 1

Recently, I've just rewatched the first Thor. And can I just say. The script is one of the best things about it. So many believable sources of tensions and building up to one thunderous climax. Compared to the scripts of every post-Endgame MCU movie, I am really not sure that I can say that it's been topped. Recently found out that the first film was written by J. Michael Straczynski, the creator of one of my cherished television show, Babylon 5 (which had THE GREATEST long running 4 season story arc ever released on television ). Through deductive reasoning, it can be assumed that the quality drop-off from the first Thor to The Dark World can be founded on the loss of his presence. Feige should acquiesce for his services once again

Edited by Halberstram
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can’t believe some MCU fans are still mad about Martin Scorsese. I am certain that the man does not think about Marvel movies nearly as much as people seem to think. He pretty much only talks about them when he’s asked about them by journalists who want easy clicks. It’s time to let it go. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I can’t believe some MCU fans are still mad about Martin Scorsese. I am certain that the man does not think about Marvel movies nearly as much as people seem to think. He pretty much only talks about them when he’s asked about them by journalists who want easy clicks. It’s time to let it go. 

Small Victories

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

Spider-Man Noir TV series is still further along the tracks than Anything Live Action Miles Morales!!!

No shade cast on Spider-Man Noir, as that's a fantastic concept, with or without Nic Cage.  But, c'mon now!  Bags and bags and bags of cash, just sitting there begging to be picked up!

I saw a tweet recently where it stated: "Imagine a Spider-Man 2099 live action film Blade runner 2049 style"

One can dream

3 hours ago, Valencia said:

No.

Leave Miles alone.

MCU is a dumpster fire.

Live Action Sony still produces movies that look like they were made in 2005.

Nothing good will come from this.

The problem I have with statements like this is it is hella reactionary.

Like, of course, the MCU is going through a rough stretch right now.  Most people recognize that. 

But just because the MCU might be seen as a quote dumpster fire end quote by some doesn't mean it will always be one.

Like, the overall track record of the MCU is fucking stellar.  Seems to me that maaaaaaaybe that ought to be taken into account when judging the possibility of them turning the ship around.

Yeah yeah.  I get it.  "What have you done for me lately?"  As well as recency bias.  Fine.  But the folks in charge of the MCU aren't the modern day equivalent of Ed Wood.  They actually know how to string together a successful slate.  They've done it multiple times.

Not that'll be easy to turn the ship around.  They've got their work cut out for them and at least some of it (though certainly not all) is due to self-inflicted wounds.  

But, seriously now. Their decade plus track record speaks for itself.  Let's not act as if the MCU is DOOOOOOOOOOMED forever or, in fact, we're gonna get nothing but Phase 2/3 Cameo Fests from now 'till the end of time. 

Still plenty of bullets left in the MCU gun.  A ton of them, actually.  Just have to execute them.  Which I realize is (much) easier said than done.   Even so, I think the pendulum has now swung too far from "The folks in charge of the MCU can do literally nothing wrong, let's have them do six to eight films a year" to "The folks in charge of the MCU are incompetent nincompoops who should all be fired and we ought to just burn the whole thing down to the ground." 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

Miles already has a film series he is the lead in and it’s very successful. Sony would be dumb to mix this all up. We’ll get live action Miles one day but am not a fan of trying to run two parallel series with different actors.

they already confirmed beyond the spider-verse will end that miles story 

8 hours ago, Halberstram said:

Recently, I've just rewatched the first Thor. And can I just say. The script is one of the best things about it. So believable sources of tensions and building up to one thunderous climax. Compared to the scripts of every post-Endgame MCU movie, I am really not sure that I can say that it's been topped. Recently found out that the first film was written by J. Michael Straczynski, the creator of one of my cherished television show, Babylon 5 (which had THE GREATEST long running 4 season story arc ever released on television ). Through deductive reasoning, it can be assumed that the quality drop-off from the first Thor to The Dark World can be founded on the loss of his presence. Feige should put some effort into hiring him once again. 

i remember thinking it was ok but (as with modern day captain america) wondering what the fish out of water comedy we never got would’ve been like. They do it for about five minutes with Thor then it’s forgotten 

The delusion of thinking that Anthony can take the lead as Captain America is too much, who must have told Feige that there is at least someone in the public who would love this.
And now they can't do anything about it Lol

I thought Florence Pugh was going to take the role that Scarlett had but it turns out they put her on that irrelevant team. I hope Florence drops before the inevitable flop, she deserves it better.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

ngl, every passing month that goes by without an announcement about some sort of live action Miles Morales, the more surprised I get.

In what universe is a Miles Morales Spider-man film, set in Raimi's continuity, where Miles is tutored by Tobey's version of Peter Parker, not an absolute smash at the box office?

Is it Disney stopping this from happening? Maybe they'be got first dibs on introducing live action Miles?

Edited by FunkMiller
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

The delusion of thinking that Anthony can take the lead as Captain America is too much, who must have told Feige that there is at least someone in the public who would love this.
And now they can't do anything about it Lol

I thought Florence Pugh was going to take the role that Scarlett had but it turns out they put her on that irrelevant team. I hope Florence drops before the inevitable flop, she deserves it better.

They thought they could do no wrong after endgame and any random junk they put out would make $1B as long as it had the studio logo on it.

1 hour ago, FunkMiller said:

In what universe is a Miles Morales Spider-man film, set in Raimi's continuity, where Miles is tutored by Tobey's version of Peter Parker, not an absolute smash at the box office?

Is it Disney stopping this from happening? Maybe they'be got first dibs on introducing live action Miles?

The universe where its inevitably bad, and ends up with a 51% on RT like Amazing Spider-Man 2 and B+ Cinemascore.

Its like everyone ignores the only reason Spider-Man is part of the MCU is because Sony sucks at doing live action Spider-Man movies to begin with.

Edited by Valencia

1 hour ago, Valencia said:

Its like everyone ignores the only reason Spider-Man is part of the MCU is because Sony sucks at doing live action Spider-Man movies to begin with.

Once upon a time, they didn't. But your point is well taken. I'd rather no Miles movie that one done by modern day Sony.