XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

22 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I know Marvel is regretting greenlighting Agatha series so early 

I think they cancelled Agatha series 

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Isn't it coming out in a few months? I though post-production was almost wrapped up

really? So probably they give up to cancel it to avoid lose money 

• ...wtf 1

Perlmutter once had Feige on a leash, now its Iger's turn. Maybe we will see the Eternals again once Iger goes in 2026

The end credit clearly states that The Eternals wil return..:sparta:

The reactions for X-Men 97 have been very positive. More than the usual you always get with these reactions.  Which makes me wonder even more why the creator was fired if the product is seemingly great. 

41 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

The reactions for X-Men 97 have been very positive. More than the usual you always get with these reactions.  Which makes me wonder even more why the creator was fired if the product is seemingly great. 

It was pretty clear from the way he was fired was that it's probably some issue with him behind the scenes, not because of how the final show turned out.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

I for one am excited to watch Agatha.

There are dozens of us. Dozens!

In a few years, i Fully expect Agatha to end up as Frankie Richrads Nanny in a Fantastic Four Movie.

And I have to agree that Feige needs to be reingend in a bit; Disney can no longer afford 200 Million dollars movies that are likely to fail. No one has a greater admiration for what Feige has done for me but he has to adjust to new realities; The Marvel label on a movie no longer guarantees big box office.

Edited by dudalb

(the firing/dismissal of DeMayo is discussed in the first part of the article, after some stage setting preambles that is — reads somewhat like a last minute addition to the article [due to it, being, well, last minute])

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Assuming Deadpool & Wolverine is as big a hit as Disney is hoping, I think Shawn Levy is all but guaranteed to direct Secret Wars. He’s bland and cookie cutter, but is nonetheless a reliable studio guy who has experience with big ensemble casts. He’d be a much safer choice than Sam Raimi, whose style might be too “camp” for the Avengers. 

the comments on the thread on the Marvel studios subreddit about Eternals 2, Captain Marvel 3 and Ant-Man 3 likely not being made are pretty damn funny. Ranging from "but Thor 2 got a sequel!", "It was because the cast couldn't go on talk shows", "it flopped because of streaming", "the merchandising in the real source of money", "movies in general aren't making money" and "did you know The Shawshank Redemption was a flop when it came out?"

Edited by John Marston
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

can't tell if this is sarcasm or not...

If it was sarcasm I would have put /s in there or something.

We're in the Marvel thread, what do you even expect?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

If it was sarcasm I would have put /s in there or something.

We're in the Marvel thread, what do you even expect?

Shoulda put in the Agatha wink gif just for double levels of irony. ;) 

aksually think that will surprise folks with how popular it'll be.  Only real roadblock, IMO, is the length of time between WandaVision and whatever the latest name of this series is.  But Agatha was... Yeah, I'll say a breakout character.  Or near to it.

There's always going to be some level of diminishing returns for a spinoff of a spinoff (see various SW projects). So don't get me wrong, I'm not talking massive numbers.  But do think there will be an audience here.   At least a potential one.