Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #THU - The Marvels $1.2M, Priscilla $418K, Freddys $355K, KotFM $347K, Holdovers $263K

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I've been here for years and I’ve still no idea what movies people are referencing half the fucking time 

I want point this problem very long time,those acronym are very unfriendly to the users here who are not from English speaking countries.

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

what are apple's plans for its theatrical releases?

60 day windows?

Apple didn't disclose or commit to a fixed window and there isn't much track record from Apple+ in regard to the theatrical window practice. Also, given the Paramount presence, I assume Paramount will also have a say in the digital release date.

The Flash - $2,827,746

Birds of Prey - $1,780,686

Dark Phoenix - $1,470,243

Morbius - $1,373,785

Blue Beetle - $1,350,825

The Marvels - $1,200,000

Using The Flash at the same point, The Marvels would end with $90.7M. Others:

Birds of Prey - $97M

Blue Beetle - $94M

Morbius - $82M

Dark Phoenix - $78M

Except for The Flash, all these movies missed the $100M mark.

• Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

We should not compare Marvels with Summer releases. Weekdays are stronger in summer. But its below Morbius which was outside Summer as well 🙂

Yep, summer weekdays are always stronger. Also I think the final number is going to be around 1.3M. Which is still awful of course.

I don't get why people are acting surprised by the numbers? It has a B Cinemascore. Why would it suddenly have decent legs? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Just true friday should be down over 80%. May be closer to 85%. This is how it should be. Either it succeeds or bombs spectacularly. That is 2023 in a nutshell. 

how you feeling about 10 million

it can still get there with an 80% drop, but anything more and it gets hard

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

how you feeling about 10 million

it can still get there with an 80% drop, but anything more and it gets hard

its going to be driven by walkups and so we have to wait and see. Math wise 10m seem tough to me unless Deadline underestimated it somewhat and with actuals it goes to 1.3. 

• Like 1