Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #THU - The Marvels $1.2M, Priscilla $418K, Freddys $355K, KotFM $347K, Holdovers $263K

33 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Bigger jump than I expected. Let's see Wednesday . 15-16m ish weekend.

Frontloaded movies usually get a strong Tuesday increase. It means people on the fence are only willing to see it at discount pricing, which isn't a good sign.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

18 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

How is Fast X on the "disaster" list?  Even if the movie really did cost $350M to produce,  it made over $700M worldwide.  

A lot of people are trying to take down the Fast franchise because it has Bree.

16 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

That might not spell disaster for 'Deadpool 3' but it could definitely hurt the other upcoming shows and movies. 

How many people are going to think of DP3 as part of the MCU?  It's own separate thing, even in the Fox days where it had no connection to the mainline Xmen franchise at all.  Point being DP3 will rise and fall on its own merits.  Marvel Films should get no credit if the movie hits and only get blame for as much MCU stuff they shove in the film.

5 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Spiderman ,Xmen and F4 if in right hands still have potential.

Spiderman yes.  Wolverine probably.  Xmen overall, I don't think it will be so easy.  The premise of Xmen does not really make sense in the Marvel Universe and especially not in the MCU universe.  WHy would the in-universe public love Iron Man but hate Cyclops?  Multiverse can help a bit but the ongoing story of the Xmen being hated while teaming up with Thor is going to be odd.

These are at least Marvels A level stars.  F4 are a C or D team.  Yes I know they are the first big book for marvel superheros but its been a slow seller for most of the last 40 years.  The movies have not been well received.  The origin story is 60 years out of date and updating it with some SpaceX nonsense is corny and see how well it worked going a different way in fan4tasitc.  Its a story/characters for the 1960s.

This thread is as dead as the movie.  Where is everyone?   To answer the question posed earlier,  I don't think people will necessarily look at 'Deadpool 3' as an MCU movie, no.  

If it's rated R and has that same type of foul language and disgusting humor with over the top violence and the works people are just going to be like,  "Ok,  that's the Deadpool I know"  

It'll only be a part of the MCU if it's awful because then people will blame the MCU. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stripe said:

This is painful... Marvel would love to time travel, get the Infinity Stones, snap its fingers and erase the events after Endgame

I Am Iron Man." Scene - Tony Snaps His Fingers | Avengers ENDGAME (2019) -  YouTube

I think for a lot of GA the mcu was the story of Iron Man.

He was THE driving force of the franchise.

His story ended and a lot of the audience decided to walk away.

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

4 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

This thread is as dead as the movie.  Where is everyone?   To answer the question posed earlier,  I don't think people will necessarily look at 'Deadpool 3' as an MCU movie, no.  

If it's rated R and has that same type of foul language and disgusting humor with over the top violence and the works people are just going to be like,  "Ok,  that's the Deadpool I know"  

It'll only be a part of the MCU if it's awful because then people will blame the MCU. 

This. It will be sold as Deadpool vs Wolverine. It will not be sold as a MCU movie. It will have MCU stuff in it like the TVA and set up for Secret Wars if rumors are true but that will be on the down low. Hugh Jackman's return will be the sell.

7 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

I think for a lot of GA the mcu was the story of Iron Man.

He was THE driving force of the franchise.

His story ended and a lot of the audience decided to walk away.

MCU was the story about Infinity Stones with Iron Man AND Captain America AND Thor.

Once this story ended, GA was still waiting for "what's next" but lack of definite direction plotwise plus lack of leading characters plus lack of wow setpieces/movies plus series with zero relevance or meh quality have killed momentum.

Anyways, MCU has had some solid/incredible runs in phase 4&5 (NWH, Guardians3, SC, WF). Even MOM did quite solid.

GA isn't completely rejecting the saga! Yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stripe said:

MCU was the story about Infinity Stones with Iron Man AND Captain America AND Thor.

Once this story ended, GA was still waiting for "what's next" but lack of definite direction plotwise plus lack of leading characters plus lack of wow setpieces/movies plus series with zero relevance or meh quality have killed momentum.

Anyways, MCU has had some solid/incredible runs in phase 4&5 (NWH, Guardians3, SC, WF). Even MOM did quite solid.

GA isn't completely rejecting the saga! Yet.

That's a retcon by Marvel. "Phase 1" of the MCU was about Iron Man and/or forming the Avengers. That was the big hook that was paid off for audiences. After that, they found a new big hook in addition to just milking sequels in selling Infinity Stones/War and Thanos and the end of the Avengers/original Avengers story.

I think the Phase 1 part is more important. If you do the math RDJ was a lead role in 8 films across 11 years + a mentor role in Homecoming. That's nearly a major substantive tentpole film release starting Iron Man a year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

That's a retcon by Marvel. "Phase 1" of the MCU was about Iron Man and/or forming the Avengers. That was the big hook that was paid off for audiences. After that, they found a new big hook in addition to just milking sequels in selling Infinity Stones/War and Thanos and the end of the Avengers/original Avengers story.

I think the Phase 1 part is more important. If you do the math RDJ was a lead role in 8 films across 11 years + a mentor role in Homecoming. That's nearly a major substantive tentpole film release starting Iron Man a year. 

Iron Man obviously was one of the main reasons of MCU's success for phase 1-3. Quality of the first IM helped to build that universe. However, let's not pretend it was the only major hook. Captain America was also a lead in  7 movies. Same with Thor: leading 7 movies.
Also, Infinity Stones huge part of the plot in 8 movies!

• Like 4

Yeah, that comment above undersells Thor/Cap especially in the "real Infinity Saga" (a/k/a phases 2&3).

1 hour ago, stripe said:

Also, Infinity Stones huge part of the plot in 8 movies!

I count 7 or 9 (depending on Phase 1 retcon of the offbrand Cosmic Cube seen in Cap1/Avengers1 and, I assume our count differs on how to classify Captain Marvel). But the "Infinity Stones" were also only a huge part of the plot in three "Iron Man staring" and Cap staring movies (Ultron[Vision],IW/Endgame), and 4 Thor movies (Thor: Dark World + last 3 Avengers films). They were mostly used to introduce new characters. 

The Avengers 1 retcon was a great choice that made everything feel more connected to Thanos but it's still 100% a retcon and causation isn't retroactive. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

The Marvels can go below 1M on Monday unless Thanksgiving effects keep it just above. If it goes below 1M on Monday, that will definitely be the fastest a MCU movie will have dropped below that mark.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1