filmlover

Fly Me to the Moon | 7/12/2024 | Apple/Sony | Scarlett Johansson, Channing Tatum

We didn't have a thread for this it seems. Also the latest Apple title to get a major theatrical window first.

Project Artemis, directed by 2x Primetime Emmy nominee Greg Berlanti and written by Rose Gilroy, is set against the 1960s space race. Johansson and Tatum star alongside an ensemble cast that includes Jim Rash, Emmy Award-winner Ray Romano, newcomer Anna Garcia, Donald Elise Watkins, Noah Robbins, Colin Woodell, Nick Dillenburg and Christian Zuber and Woody Harrelson. In addition to starring, Johansson serves as producer under her These Pictures banner. Jonathan Lia and Keenan Flynn produce alongside Johansson for These Pictures. Sarah Schechter produces. Robert Dohrmann executive produces, and Apple Studios serves as the studio.

Apple Movies’ ‘Wolfs’ & ‘Project Artemis’ to be Released by Sony in Cinemas – Deadline

Edited by filmlover

Presumably Sony's trailer attachment with Civil War.

Speaking of which, It Ends With Us is still set for June 21 and hasn't even released any official marketing yet. Seems obvious that's getting delayed again.

I'm curious what movie(s) this trailer will play in front of.

My worry is that I just don't think 3 months is long enough for a movie's marketing campaign to start. Especially one like this that sounds like it cost $100m. I think Scarjo and Channing are legit A listers, and frequently draws, and together in a romcom with a space race element could be very appealing. But no one knows this exist. And I just don't think a first trailer 3 months before the movie is coming out is enough time to get awareness out. Idk

10 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I'm curious what movie(s) this trailer will play in front of.

My worry is that I just don't think 3 months is long enough for a movie's marketing campaign to start. Especially one like this that sounds like it cost $100m. I think Scarjo and Channing are legit A listers, and frequently draws, and together in a romcom with a space race element could be very appealing. But no one knows this exist. And I just don't think a first trailer 3 months before the movie is coming out is enough time to get awareness out. Idk

It's probably playing before Civil War this weekend. Challengers and The Fall Guy are also obvious titles to promote this with.