CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World 4 | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

On 1/22/2024 at 4:05 PM, KP1025 said:

Would love to see future Jurassic movies lean into horror more like the novels. The films have been increasingly lacking in true suspense since the first Jurassic Park.

I agree....in fact I consider the Original Jurassiac Park and Jurassic World to be the only really good films in the franchsie.

One problem is that kids love Dinos and Universal has to keep the  horror elements within certain limets to not endanger that audience.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Neon lit dinos with cornball jokes incoming. I’m sure twitter will call this the greatest movie ever made like they did with bullet train haha

I thought Twitter hated David Leitch. Like my mutuals were dumping on Fall Guy hard when the trailer dropped.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Eric Creed said:

I thought Twitter hated David Leitch. Like my mutuals were dumping on Fall Guy hard when the trailer dropped.

DiscussingFilm is the only account i follow for film so I’m using their comments section as a census

Just now, TMP said:

DiscussingFilm is the only account i follow for film so I’m using their comments section as a census

Yeah but those are just Blue Checks. Blue Checks aren't people.

Anyways, this is coming July 2, 2025. That is...absurdly fast lol

4 minutes ago, Eric Creed said:

Yeah but those are just Blue Checks. Blue Checks aren't people.

Anyways, this is coming July 2, 2025. That is...absurdly fast lol

The more i think about this, the less i like it.

They needed at least another 2 to 3 years imo to come up with a worthwile story for a 7th (!!) movie. Dominion only grossed a billion because it was one the first Blockbusters after the big reopening of theaters and people craved that kind of movie and the general goodwill from audiences about the JP and JW movies (yes, a ton of people like Jurassic World) helped as well.

This new movie doesnt have that goodwill anymore because Dominion - my personal opinion matters not in this regard - was not seen as a good movie by a lot of people. And it came out 2 years ago, its not like its already so old that people forgot about it. If Universal wants to make a new succesfull series of JP movies, they need a good story and good characters.

And if this comes out in summer of next year already, im hesitant to believe that they pulled that off in such little time. Obviously, id be more than happy to be proven wrong but right now, im very sceptical about this, much more than any of the previous JP/JW movies.

Spoiler

At least until the first trailer comes out, then i might go braindead bananas again

Spoiler

But please no locusts anymore

I actually really liked Deadpool 2, although I'm not sure if David Leitch is the right guy for a sequel. I'd rather not have an action comedy, and I think most longterm fans want a back to horror approach. That being said, of course the movie doesn't need to be a comedy with him at the helm, he appears to have directed at least one film that wasn't an action comedy: Atomic Blonde. 

I've only seen his film Deadpool 2 so far.

David Leith?? Eh. Not a good fit

not sure how to continue this series without a reboot

wish Bayona was back. He really elevated Trevorrow's script by actually delivering some scenes of terror and suspense similar to the first two

Someone tell them all they need to have is an open theme park. We dont care about DNA and testing and auctions or bugs. The theme park/attraction is the hook. 

Some of the articles do say that it’s a reboot. 

Leitch is a big improvement over Trevorrow, I don't get complaints, it's still gonna be really bad anyway.

41 minutes ago, John Marston said:

wish Bayona was back. He really elevated Trevorrow's script by actually delivering some scenes of terror and suspense similar to the first two

No thanks, Fallen Kingdom was beyond awful, even if better visually than World Jurassic 1 and 3, but that's about it.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 3