CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World 4 | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Godzilla feels more like a Spielberg JP film than any Jurassic Park/World film since JP 2. This is 100% gonna be a Spielberg patische but that's still going to be way more enjoyable than the last 3 films.

Maybe 1/3 of Godzilla, but right after first act all the character stuff is fully eliminated and we have bland cardboard nobodies running around and doing something... I guess. If this movie is gonna be like Godzilla's frist act, then it could be the best Jurassic World movie I suppose.

• Thanks 1

Ohhh, they nailed it, his style will be great for big dinos absolutely wrecking stuff on a big screen.

I was going to watch it in streaming, but I just might go to the movies for this one now.

• Like 1

One of the few realistic choices that could have possibly gotten me interested after the absolute dreck of the last three. Edwards far from perfect but the things he does very well (scale, atmosphere) are the things that were most missing from the last trilogy. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

One of the few realistic choices that could have possibly gotten me interested after the absolute dreck of the last three. Edwards far from perfect but the things he does very well (scale, atmosphere) are the things that were most missing from the last trilogy. 

I feel like Fallen Kingdom did a decent job with atmosphere (thanks to JA Bayona), but Treverrow's script was just the absolute worst piece of shit. Think 90% of directors would've failed to make a good film out of that garbage script.

• Like 5

Curious about the cast. If you ask me a Creator reunion with JDW would be perfect for this since he's proven to be an easily-upstaged leading presence vs. securing rising talents for easy paychecks as they take a backseat to CGI dino mayhem.

• Haha 1

Color me interested now. I wasn't even going to give this film a chance, but with Gareth directing....

Just imagine the sense of scale he applied to Godzilla (2014), but with any dinosaur. We just need some competent writing to seal the deal. Not hopeful on that front, but one can look for silver linings, yes?

Edited by NoobSaibot

In a franchise where the last movie was plagued with complaints about a lack of its signature creatures, it is pretty funny that the next one will be done by the Godzilla 2014 guy. Still, Gareth has a fantastic sense of scale and scope, even if the scripts he works with are not all that. Considering that this one is being written by a veteran like Koepp, he might have better luck here, seeing as his last movie involving a seasoned writer was Rogue One, the only truly great Disney Star Wars movie.

Gareth's a good director but a terrible writer. Him doing a for hire gig with zero narrative input is a great idea. This will probably be his best work.

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I feel like Fallen Kingdom did a decent job with atmosphere (thanks to JA Bayona), but Treverrow's script was just the absolute worst piece of shit. Think 90% of directors would've failed to make a good film out of that garbage script.

It's the only World film that's even semi decently directed but yeah what a stinker of a script.

12 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Seems the release date is more important to Universal than the film itself is. Unfortunate. 

The director will be happy to get more work right after a flop though

And will pretty much do what the studio wants.

I agree they will have to work like hell and rush things to make SUmmer of 2025, but just as long as there lots of dinosaurs chaisng people. people will turn out to see it even if it isnot very good. 

19 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Seems the release date is more important to Universal than the film itself is. Unfortunate. 

The director will be happy to get more work right after a flop though. 

Although I'm happy Edwards is directing, I agree with this. They're rushing this because they don't have any big movies for 2025. Although I think the live action HTTYD will be a hit.

• Like 1

It does seem like Edwards after the Creator did not become a hit  he just resigned himself to being a director for hire who will do what a studio and powerful producers want him to do. Fingers crossed what they want to do is better than what they were doing. 

Sad about The Creator (releasing an original Sci-Fi film in the middle of the strikes probably wasn’t a smart move on Disney’s part) but Garth Edwards is solid choice. If they still choose to stick with the current release date I have more confidence in the quality with Edwards at the helm.

Edited by Speedorito

13 hours ago, european1992 said:

Dominion killed any hype but lets see. If good, this can blow up like JW did in 2015.

I di dnot like Dominion at all, but despite all the bad thngs said about it, it still made al ot of money for Universal.

8 hours ago, emoviefan said:

It does seem like Edwards after the Creator did not become a hit  he just resigned himself to being a director for hire who will do what a studio and powerful producers want him to do. Fingers crossed what they want to do is better than what they were doing. 

It's more like he wants to get a couple of box office hits under his belt so he can sell his smaller projects to studios. That is the way the game is played. A lot of directors basically hire themselves as hired guns for studios to make the money and muscle they need to get their more personal projects green lit.