CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World: Rebirth | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

Unfortunately, I'm not convinced the plot leak is real, for a number of reasons.

Spoiler

The inclusion of an "accurate" Spinosaurus that is defeated by a T. rex feels more like the wish-fulfillment fantasy of a disgruntled fan than something Universal would actually do. For the most part Universal has barely acknowledged the fan outrage over the T. rex-vs-Spinosaurus fight in Jurassic Park III, aside from quick nods like Rexy destroying a Spinosaurus skeleton in Jurassic World. Plus, the Jurassic Park Spinosaurus has a distinctive design of its own, so to ditch that wouldn't really make sense.

I feel the same way about the idea of feathered Velociraptors. While Jurassic World: Dominion did introduce feathered dinosaurs to the series, these were all never-before-seen species such as the Pyroraptor and the Therizinosaurus. The Velociraptors themselves, as well as a number of other dinosaurs from the earlier movies that probably had feathers in real life but don't in the movies, are still featherless. So this also feels like the sort of thing a disappointed fan would put in their imaginary movie, as opposed to something Universal would realistically make.

The leaked synopsis mentions multiple water-dwelling animals (the Plesiosaurus, the Mosasaurus, the Nothosaurus, and the Ichthyosaurus), but says they have "don't have a lot screen time but it's enough to enjoy them". Water-based scenes are difficult and expensive to film, which is why most movies try to minimize them-- even Jurassic World only gave the Mosasaurus about a minute of screen time, tops. I wouldn't expect this movie to be any different, so I can't imagine how they'd fit four aquatic animals into it.

What I also find suspicious is that no mention is made of the events of Jurassic World: Dominion.

On 6/28/2024 at 5:36 AM, El Squibbonator said:

Hide contents
Story will mostly be around that soldier team. Scarlet is the head of the team.

I think this is a bunch of baloonies.

Scarlett as a solider and head of mercenary team is like Denis Richards as a nuclear physicist or Jessica Alba as a Special Forces officer, any believability is thrown out of the window. I think it's fake af.

Edited by TomThomas

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

This is the easiest $1b grosser ever.

Im not THAT sure. It remains to be seen if Dominions very mediocre reception will have an effect or if the combination of completely new direction team + new actors will prevent that. I think once the first teaser trailer is out, well know more (as usual).

35 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im not THAT sure. It remains to be seen if Dominions very mediocre reception will have an effect or if the combination of completely new direction team + new actors will prevent that. I think once the first teaser trailer is out, well know more (as usual).

New actors will make everyone know it's a new series. 

I'm craving an R-rated Jurassic film but that will never happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Noctis said:

New actors will make everyone know it's a new series. 

I'm craving an R-rated Jurassic film but that will never happen.

Dino movies are something kids love. Why make it R rated and cut the core audience. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TomThomas said:

I think this is a bunch of baloonies.

Hide contents

Scarlett as a solider and head of mercenary team is like Denis Richards as a nuclear physicist or Jessica Alba as a Special Forces officer, any believability is thrown out of the window. I think it's fake af.

You should not watch movies if you are taken out by seeing actors play roles they wouldn’t be qualified to do irl. They’re actors lol.

Edited by lorddemaxus

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

You should not watch movies if you are taken out by seeing actors play roles they wouldn’t be qualified to do irl. They’re actors lol.

They are, but I'm taken out by this when characters are not cartoons in some anime or comic book movie, Jurassic human characters are supposed to resemble real people more or less and let me tell ya, real super trained soldiers don't look like 10/10 supermodels and bombshells.

Edited by TomThomas

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Considering Scarlett played a bad ass SH for a decade, she can pull off a soldier for sure.

Jurassic Park is not superhero movie though, it's a sci-fi. Black Widow gets a pass because it's a funnybook movie with larger than life characters and her character is supposed to be like Nikita, spy and seducer, so her looks make sense in that context. Tough soldier mercenary that resembles a real human being would never look anywhere near Scarlett, it's like Marilyn Monroe playing a green beret, that's why people made fun of Dennis Richards playing a nuclear physicist, it could work in a parody or cartoon, but not when you sell this with a straight face.

Edited by TomThomas

31 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

They are, but I'm taken out by this when characters are not cartoons in some anime or comic book movie, Jurassic human characters are supposed to resemble real people more or less and let me tell ya, real super trained soldiers don't look like 10/10 supermodels and bombshells.

There are insanely attractive people in all areas of work including the military lol. Scar Jo doesn’t really look like a skinny, 90lb supermodel either. She’s just very attractive.

6 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Jurassic Park is not superhero movie though, it's a sci-fi. Black Widow gets a pass because it's a funnybook movie with larger than life characters and her character is supposed to be like Nikita, spy and seducer, so her looks make sense in that context. Tough soldier mercenary that resembles a real human being would never look anywhere near Scarlett, it's like Marilyn Monroe playing a green beret, that's why people made fun of Dennis Richards playing a nuclear physicist, it could work in a parody or cartoon, but not when you sell this with a straight face.

You are way overthinking this. It's a franchise where they cloned Dinosaurs and brought them back. Scar Jo as soldier. Yeah that's just too far fetched.

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

There are insanely attractive people in all areas of work including the military lol. 

No, not really, you won't find a single soldier that looks nearly as good as let's say Scar Jo or Margot Robbie, people with 10/10 looks don't go to military or hardcore science, there's absolutely no reason to. At best there can be someone casually pretty on a really rare occasion in those areas, but not 10/10 movie star.

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

You are way overthinking this. It's a franchise where they cloned Dinosaurs and brought them back. Scar Jo as soldier. Yeah that's just too far fetched.

Ehhh, it's not nearly the same thing, cloning exists, it's not far fetched at all, even cloning of extinct species is given a plausible explanation, everything else is more or less grounded in reality, Scar Jo as a tough skilled soldier is more far fetched than cloned dinosaurs.

39 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

IDF tiktoks would disagree with that statement.

Last I heard Scarlett or Margot are not Israel citizens, and unlikely to play one, so it's not the same thing when country forces all of its citizens, both male and female, go to military for a couple of years. Find a 10/10 looking female soldier who wasn't forced to become a soldier by her government and then you would win this argument.

40 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

Last I heard Scarlett or Margot are not Israel citizens, and unlikely to play one, so it's not the same thing when country forces all of its citizens, both male and female, go to military for a couple of years. Find a 10/10 looking female soldier who wasn't forced to become a soldier by her government and then you would win this argument.

Spoiler

Lebanese female militia soldier 

hk30s9hdmxj41.jpg