CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World: Rebirth | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

I really like Juraasic World but do not love it. It is a perfect summer blockbuster though. Fallen Kingdom is way underrated. Might be my second favorite of the whole series. And Dominion is terrible and I have no desire to subject myself to it ever again.

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

No one is expecting it to. 

Doesn’t need to either. It happens often with huge films, see Black Panther dropping $250m domestically from 1 to 2. 

True. 

More examples include Force Awakens to Last Jedi, Avengers 1 to Age of Ultron, Deadpool 1 to Deadpool 2, A New Hope to Empire Strikes Back, Dark Knight to Dark Knight Rises, Furious 7 to Furious 8. Spider-Man 4 will drop from No Way Home, Top Gun 3 will drop from Maverick, Barbie 2 will drop from Barbie, etc. 

Low-key optimistic for this one. Good cast (hoping we get Rupert at his peak British twat). Edwards a really good match for the material. And the compressed production timeframe I think is going to be a benefit. From conception to release, less time for studio meddling, less time to overthink creative and logistical decisions. You just gotta roll forward. Keep things tight and focused.

Now that we have an official synopsis, it's pretty obvious that the leak we got back in June is a hoax. That leak mentioned the protagonists traveling to Suriname to rescue a missing family, only to find out they've been lured into a trap by a criminal organization. It doesn't mention anything about the search for a miracle cure, or the "biggest of land, sea, and sky".

But what are these three biggest species? Here are my guesses.

Biggest in the sea: Mosasaurus, obviously. There were bigger sea reptiles in real life, but the Mosasaurus has consistently been depicted as the largest sea creature in the Jurassic Park franchise, and the leaks suggest it's going to play a big role in this movie.

Biggest in the sky: Probably Quetzalcoatlus, unless they decide to use its close relative Hatzegopteryx, which might have been even bigger.

Biggest on land: Hard to say. Argentinosaurus would be the logical choice, but I'm guessing that they might use Dreadnoughtus instead thanks to its association with the Jurassic World brand. Alternatively, this could be where the Spinosaurus comes in, if by "biggest dinosaur" they really just mean "biggest carnivore".

On 8/30/2024 at 7:42 AM, emoviefan said:

I really like Juraasic World but do not love it. It is a perfect summer blockbuster though. Fallen Kingdom is way underrated. Might be my second favorite of the whole series. And Dominion is terrible and I have no desire to subject myself to it ever again.

Yeah, Jurassic World was what I would call "Fun, but not really memorable". 

In fact the only Jurassic film I rewatch is the Original one.

42 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Alright, are yall ready for a spicy take?

This will be #1 on the July 11-13, 2025 weekend

:Venom:

Yes I think it may be because I am not convinced that Superman  will stick with that date but no it will have nothing to do with what is going on with Joker right now. 

7 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yes I think it may be because I am not convinced that Superman  will stick with that date but no it will have nothing to do with what is going on with Joker right now. 

Jurassic World: Rebirth second weekend being over Superman's will be like how Jurassic World 2015's second weekend was over Inside Out's opening weekend

4 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

If DCs brand damage is affecting Joker, then Superman is omega fucked. 

Superman will be the over-due answer to "what if The Marvels released on July 28th, 2023"

But wait this is the JW4 thread not the Superman thread so I'll shut up now

Edited by HummingLemon496

9 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

If DCs brand damage is affecting Joker, then Superman is omega fucked. 

This doesn't make much sense considering that the first Joker wasn't affected.

Not saying that Superman won't pay for the sins of previous Superman movies, but when talking specifically about the joker movies, I just don't see Joker 2 being affected by the DC brand when the first one wasn't.

With that said, sure, I can see this one's second weekend being bigger than Superman's OW if it does as well as the first Jurassic World. That one did 106M on its second weekend.

Edited by Arlborn

I cant believe im the one who has to stop the JW hype, but seriously, theres no way in my mind that this one will come close to the first JW's numbers. Its a second reboot of the franchise, following an underwhelming "final" entry of the prior trilogy. I think a 100M OW would already be a big success.

Now, that could change with marketing, trailers etc but right now, i would be cautious with predicting very high numbers for this.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This doesn't make much sense considering that the first Joker wasn't affected.

Not saying that Superman won't pay for the sins of previous Superman movies, but when talking specifically about the joker movies, I just don't see Joker 2 being affected by the DC brand when the first one wasn't.

With that said, sure, I can see this one's second weekend being bigger than Superman's OW if it does as well as the first Jurassic World. That one did 106M on its second weekend.

Exactly. The argument they seem to be making here is that Joker was a big hit because the DCEU was in great shape. Okay. Sure....

43 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I cant believe im the one who has to stop the JW hype, but seriously, theres no way in my mind that this one will come close to the first JW's numbers. Its a second reboot of the franchise, following an underwhelming "final" entry of the prior trilogy. I think a 100M OW would already be a big success.

Now, that could change with marketing, trailers etc but right now, i would be cautious with predicting very high numbers for this.

Super interested in seeing how this does. On the one hand, it is a reboot and reception for each subsequent entry in the recent trilogy was middling. On the other hand, the trilogy didn’t have have the same level of drop off as the recent Star Wars trilogy. It sounds like they’re mostly ignoring the plot of Dominion so that’ll also work in its favor.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brainbug said:

ANd the main reason JW was so big it is gave audiences something they had always wanted to see; A Jurassiac Park in full operation.

This film won't have that. It will just be more dinos chasing people. It will do well at the box office but won't be the kind of blockbuster jW was. Just not have that hook of a Operating Park that jW did.

Edited by dudalb

6 hours ago, Speedorito said:

Super interested in seeing how this does. On the one hand, it is a reboot and reception for each subsequent entry in the recent trilogy was middling. On the other hand, the trilogy didn’t have have the same level of drop off as the recent Star Wars trilogy. It sounds like they’re mostly ignoring the plot of Dominion so that’ll also work in its favor.

It will do well, but won't do JW numbers. I repeat, JW did suchmassive business because people wanted to see a Jurassia Perk in full operation.