JustWatching

President's Day Weekend Thread (2/16-19) | Bob Marley 28.6/34.1 (52 6-Day), Madame Web 15.3/18 (26 6-Day)

2 hours ago, misterpepp said:

I actually had this exact same issue. Had to leave my first attempt at seeing it because somebody decided to vape and talk over the first half-hour or so. Went to a later showing with only a handful of people who were much better behaved.

THEATRICAL EXPERIENCE

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

American Fiction quietly being a decent success. $19 million a budget that was (according to the director) much less than 10 million.

Cord Jefferson has been on the media circuit the last couple weeks, that's probably helping it find a casual audience.

Watched Anyone But You.

Really enjoyed it. Is it one of the great rom coms? No. But it is genuinely funny and charming. It felt like a real rom com again that checked all the boxes and did everything well.

Leads had good chemistry. It was everything you are expecting for better or worse depending on how you view the genre.

Had a real good time, and it's not surprising to see the movie doing so well from word of mouth. Hopefully we get a renaissance of the genre.

7/10

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Kon said:

One question, have the demographics for Madame Web been revealed?

Deadline revealed them.

Sony went after young women with Madame Web, with 75% of its $60M global P&A allocated toward social and Tik Tok. The Marvel Spider-Man spinoff property is bringing in men 53% and women 47%. PostTrak scores have fallen to a star and a half and 54% positive; nobody likes this movie. Men over 25 are attending the most at 31% (50% grade), followed by women over 25 at 24% (63% grade), women under 25 at 23% (62% grade) and men under 25 at 22% (the pic’s worst grades at 42%).

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Hilarious for Madame Web. Strong for Bob Marley. Has anyone seen it here? Is it any good?

I'm going on Tuesday got my tickets already.

Cineplex here in BC is doing a deal all month. Regular tickets are $5. Small popcorn $5. Specialty theatres are half price.

Been the last 2 Tuesdays to take advantage and the theatre was very busy. Anyone But You was 3/4 full.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay Beezy said:

Deadline revealed them.

80M budget + 60M marketing? Movie looks to make 80-90M WW so Sony will end up losing close to 100M on this (if we're just talking theatrical revenue).

31 minutes ago, DInky said:

80M budget + 60M marketing? Movie looks to make 80-90M WW so Sony will end up losing close to 100M on this (if we're just talking theatrical revenue).

My question is how much of the budget did it make back with its egregious product placement?

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1