JustWatching

President's Day Weekend Thread (2/16-19) | Bob Marley 28.6/34.1 (52 6-Day), Madame Web 15.3/18 (26 6-Day)

Updated projection from deadline.

Paramount’s Bob Marley: One Love has more than one heart, rather millions as the music biopic about the raggae legend is now heading to $44M over six days after a $6.7M Friday, which will yield a $22M 3-day and $26.2M 4-day for the $70M feature production at 3,539 theaters.

Sony/Marvel’s Madame Web at 4,013 theaters is looking at a $3.8M Friday, $12M-$13M 3-day and 4-day of $14M for $22.2M six-day.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Madame Web is probably going to end up with a similar total to Catwoman ($40M). Hilariously terrible.

How low will Kraven the Hunter go?

I think a lower DOM and WW is possible for Kraven. Madame Web has the meme factor at least, no one cares about Kraven.

1 hour ago, JustWatching said:

22M is the biggest Ow of all time for a Madame Web Movie 

Biggest OW for a CbM this year! 

holy moly! Incredible result!

Only behind Morby 😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 3

2 hours ago, JustWatching said:

I'm not totally sure how a $6.7M Friday will reach a $22M 3-day. It would need to increase a lot on Saturday.

2 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I think a lower DOM and WW is possible for Kraven. Madame Web has the meme factor at least, no one cares about Kraven.

the sony spin offs starts decent in the presales and end bad because of bad WoM. Kraven is doing okey in test screening so is very possible is the first of the spinoffs to get fresh in rotten, so that movie could do well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I don’t think there are ANY relevant memes about Madame Web. And I’m the resident tiktoker on these boards.

Kraven will have a higher total than MW, I have zero doubt.

• Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

I don’t think there are ANY relevant memes about Madame Web. And I’m the resident tiktoker on these boards.

only with the amazon thing

Point of order: People* have actually heard of Kraven the Hunter before.

* And by "people", I mean me.

That alone gives it a chance of a higher potential than Madame Web.  Maybe not much of a chance, but at least some chance.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kon said:

I'm not totally sure how a $6.7M Friday will reach a $22M 3-day. It would need to increase a lot on Saturday.

Increase a ton is relative, with a holiday inflated Sunday it wouldn't need AS big of a bump as say a regular weekend. Still think it's upper range, but being 16m+ after Saturday isn't out of the equation. Only needs a +35 and -25% and it's comfortably over 22m.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Neither opener increased 100%. Web was expected but I thought Marley would get there. Still it has done better than what I expected weekbefore while Web is bombing as experienced.

Keep in mind Wednesday was a super-inflated opening day for both between Valentine's Day + no previews for either, so Thursday saw some spillover.

I like how BO marketplace has become more accommodative for surprise hit like Godzilla-1, Heron, Boy on the Boat, Beekeepers, ABY. Just we thought Argylle and Web will be tentpole to watch out for quiet February, One love come in and surprise, likely be the biggest February grosser. 

On related note, looks like Migration is coming for 10x hold.

• Like 4

My comps came out a little weird, and all over the place tonight for both Webb and One Love tonight. Not sure what happened, why my data seems all over the place. Weather’s been all over the place in the different cities I’m tracking, so that could play a factor on why comps aren’t lining up the way they usually do.

Comparing Friday to Thursday and Wednesday’s grosses, One Love at a handful of theatres is looking at 8.2M, 5.9M, and 5.7M Friday respectively. Averages out to 6.6 but that’s not the best method of trying to attain a number when my sample size is this small today. Oh well, I’m willing to go with Charlie’s number of 7-7.5M Friday. What I’m seeing doesn’t move the needle much.

Web is also interesting. One location collapsed for it today, and would give me a 2M Friday if I followed it. Going to consider that one an outlier and use my regular 3 again. These, comparing Friday gross to Wed/Thurs, would give Web a 3.9M, 4.3M, and 4.7M Friday respectively at each of the three theaters. Still a bit all over the place, but they average out to 4.3M which is what I’m going to go with for my Friday forecast. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

The viral posts for Madame Web are more about Dakota’s press tour. There are plenty. All on twitter though, not sure about TikTok. 

• Like 1