Bob Train

3/4-3/7 Weekdays Thread | Dune $7.3m Monday, $8.1m Tuesday, $6.6m Wednesday

5 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

$45+ mil second weekend lets go

As long as it's under 50% drop, it would be fantastic.

I'm rooting for $41M+ next weekend.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 3

Nice increase. Wednesday drop will be definitory.

25% drop: 6.1M (same as Scream 6, a bit over The Batman)

30%  drop: 5.7M (close to JW4 and Zootopia)

35% drop: 5.3M (same as Creed 3, Logan and Us)

40% drop: 4.9M (same as Shazam 2, close to The Los City and Captain Marvel)

I would say between 30-35% will be the range

3 minutes ago, stripe said:

Nice increase. Wednesday drop will be definitory.

25% drop: 6.1M (same as Scream 6, a bit over The Batman)

30%  drop: 5.7M (close to JW4 and Zootopia)

35% drop: 5.3M (same as Creed 3, Logan and Us)

40% drop: 4.9M (same as Shazam 2, close to The Los City and Captain Marvel)

I would say between 30-35% will be the range

Impossible. 

• Like 1

Also wanna say that July 2024 has seen a nice increase of films with a diverse collection as well. Big stuff like Deadpool & Wolverine, Despicable Me 4 and Twisters look promising, fair amount of horror like MaxXxine and Longlegs, the ScarJo/Tatum rom com and even art house fare like Didi and Sing Sing. Has the potential to be a terrific month if the films deliver.

Just now, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I think a sub-50% drop this weekend is looking great rn. I'll go with 48% for this weekend for now, but we'll see how Wednesday holds.

Also think the 3X multiplier dreams just got brighter.

I am thinking high 40s 2nd weekend. Its presales are extremely strong for this weekend. 

• Like 1

Yeah I’m feeling kinda bullish on Dune’s 2nd weekend. PLF demand, strong presales already, lots of people in exit polls saying they want to see it a second time, and—I say this unironically—the power of internet memes. I think $45m could easily be in the cards.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am thinking high 40s 2nd weekend. Its presales are extremely strong for this weekend. 

Is that high 40s in millions or do you mean a high 40s percentage drop?

30 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Yeah I saw the numbers you posted in the tracking thread, looking very good. I'll be very happy if I'm wrong here. I did think the opening would be somewhere from 70-75M after all.

At the very least, we're looking at a good weekend with both this drop and KFP4's opening (I'm still on the lower end of projections on that at around 40M, but that's higher than what I was thinking just a few days ago).

With all the reports that PLF showings were selling out across the globe for Dune, i think its set for a very impressive 2nd weekend hold worldwide, especially so on Saturday. We saw with Avatar 2, Top Gun Maverick or Oppenheimer that the demand for those PLF showings can really soften the weekend drops.

• Like 10

I notice quite a few theaters nearby are still holding over Migration for at least an early matinee screening this weekend, Southpark Mall is still giving it 3-5 showings. Interested to see how well it holds.

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

With all the reports that PLF showings were selling out across the globe for Dune, i think its set for a very impressive 2nd weekend hold worldwide, especially so on Saturday. We saw with Avatar 2, Top Gun Maverick or Oppenheimer that the demand for those PLF showings can really soften the weekend drops.

Yeah, the PLFs are basically a flat bonus. Only the regular screns exhibit normal daily/wekly drops, while the PLFs are basically constant, every showing nearly full for the next 2 weeks

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, patyx said:

Yeah, the PLFs are basically a flat bonus. Only the regular screns exhibit normal daily/wekly drops, while the PLFs are basically constant, every showing nearly full for the next 2 weeks

Yes. PLFs are flat for a while. That is why its not going to have big drops. Even shows even 2D shows are showing good occupancy in big markets I checked. its riding the strong WOM at this point. I think everyone will realize it after the upcoming weekend for sure.