Bob Train

3/4-3/7 Weekdays Thread | Dune $7.3m Monday, $8.1m Tuesday, $6.6m Wednesday

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Somehow somehow there were that many people that found the time to see a near 3 hour movie on a nonholiday weekday...

Times have somewhat changed with the Pandemic. Seems like there are way more people at home these days, some of them working and some of them not working. Heck I'm one of them. I'll be seeing Dune Part 2 on Tuesday afternoon. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Somehow somehow there were that many people that found the time to see a near 3 hour movie on a nonholiday weekday...

It's senior citizen opening day - Mondays have senior discounts in most chains...

• Like 1

On working weekdays there's a limit to how many PLF screenings there can be that people can actually go see, especially with a 3-hours movie

This could possibly be a very curious/exciting week to follow BO-wise

5 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's senior citizen opening day - Mondays have senior discounts in most chains...

Have to see how long it lasts, but I suspect PLF spillover is also playing its hand here.

Be interesting to compare the drops with both The Batman and Oppenheimer.

("not it", BTW)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Even higher

275M?? Uh-Oh, that's right in the middle of the forbidden range, isn't it? @M37

I wonder if it means it'll go a lot under or a lot over, or if it will be a trend-breaker.

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

275M?? Uh-Oh, that's right in the middle of the forbidden range, isn't it? @M37

I wonder if it means it'll go a lot under or a lot over, or if it will be a trend-breaker.

$275M seems awfully high to me based on 4.5 days of data in hand, gotta at least get to Wed/Thu, especially for a film that's having a high PLF draw and resulting in pushing demand forward. (Also keep in mind the range he floated for Wonka at the same time frame). As I said in the weekend thread, going to wait until Sunday to start to peg a final range, or at least Wed/Thur to get handle on trajectory

As far as being a trend breaker, haven't had time to breakdown (chart) the data on this yet (and honestly can't recall if I mentioned it before), but wouldn't be surprised if this year in particular we see a few films push their way up into the $225-$325M "dead zone" (hint: see 2014)

• Like 5