filmlover

The 96th Academy Awards Live Feed Thread | Oppy wins it all, but Ryan Gosling is still kenough

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

The Conversation over both of them. my fav coppola.

Amazing year. I just rewatched The French Connection the other day speaking of Hackman, and what a weird fucking Best Picture winner. Terrific film, but it's just a fucking action movie except with paradigm shaking levels of directing and grit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I don't know why people are arguing about a potential "Gladstone controversy" through the eyes of people like us. The general audience, the same audience who didn't know what Everything Everywhere All At Once was until the Oscars, will be very shocked when they watch Poor Things.

Poor Things doesn't even have a 4k release. Wonder if they double dip and release it on 4k later?

Posted (edited)

Maybe BCoop will do Broadway again since he's also already a Tony nominee (for the 2014 revival of The Elephant Man). Or a miniseries since he doesn't even have an Emmy nom yet. Unless he's just destined to never check off a single box of winning the Triple Crown of Acting.

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Amazing year. I just rewatched The French Connection the other day speaking of Hackman, and what a weird fucking Best Picture winner. Terrific film, but it's just a fucking action movie except with paradigm shaking levels of directing and grit.

Hackman the best to ever do it even in the dumb bullshit he obviously doesn't give a shit about. I randomly put on Runaway Jury a couple months ago total nonsense but he's locked in!

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Hackman the best to ever do it even in the dumb bullshit he obviously doesn't give a shit about. I randomly put on Runaway Jury a couple months ago total nonsense but he's locked in!

He's a beast. Insane how amazing all the 1970s lineups are and how shitty all the 1980s lineups are. Reagan and Thatcher era the pits.

• Like 1

I'm excited to see what the winners do next. RDJ has his miniseries coming out next month and Murphy/Stone have their own interesting-sounding projects in the pipeline but DJR has potential to turn her Oscar breakout into stardom ala Octavia Spencer. Hope the offers for her are good.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

He's old and has a newborn at home. Probably badly sleep deprived

bruh he isn't taking care of the newborn lol 

Just now, emoviefan said:

Still the Godfather Part 2 for me. Chinatown great also.  I like The Conversation but have never loved it. 

I remember the first time i watched The Conversation I didn't have a big reaction to it but I rewatched it like four years ago and it kinda blew me away i dunno what changed. it's a neat little conspiracy thriller but it's also so haunted and sad. 

Also i remember thinking who is the forty year old actor who could play that role today? all the guys i could think of who would be good fits are like twenty years older than Hackman was there like Giamatti or someone. Today it'd be Gyllenhaal or Gosling uglying themselves or whatever.