kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 27.75M THE FALL GUY | 8.72M SW: EP I - TPM | 7.59M CHALLENGERS | 6.50M TAROT

I don't understand the weird hostility some have towards the Fall Guy around here. Most of the reactions I am seeing outside of this place have been at worst it's fine to that was a blast. But whatever I am guess I am not shocked this is the conversation about it   Take some weird satisfaction the movie did not break out and make money this weekend. This place sometimes. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I don't understand the weird hostility some have towards the Fall Guy around here. Most of the reactions I am seeing outside of this place have been at worst it's fine to that was a blast. But whatever I am guess I am not shocked this is the conversation about it   Take some weird satisfaction the movie did not break out and make money this weekend. This place sometimes. 

Most are going on about the $130m budget. They spent way too much money on it. Should have been half of that at most. Fall Guy is not a mass appeal movie at all, and they should have been more reasonable with the budget.

Edited by Mojoguy

"The entire box office weekend is totaling around $73M." From Deadline...

This is kinda terrible.  No way to spin the overall box office state.

As for Fall Guy demo...Gosling is not a female (or male) draw for under 25s...

"Women under 25 were the lowest to show up yesterday for Fall Guy at 13%, with men over 25 leading at 38%, women over 25 at 33% (who gave the pic its best grade of 93%) and men under 25 at 16%."

• Like 1

Not much to be said that hasn’t been already. Yesterday I was at my old AMC and talked with my managers there. The vibe they and other theaters have is that this year is gonna be a curve year and they’re just hoping for June and July to deliver good business. They’re also really excited about Gladiator and Mufasa FWIW.

Not sure why all these holds are so bad after how consistently low they were throughout April. There are 3 wide releases granted, but only Fall Guy has taken up more than one screen, and said screens are just the PLFs that were taken away by Challengers. Just seems odd.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loves Rey said:

Not sure why all these holds are so bad after how consistently low they were throughout April. There are 3 wide releases granted, but only Fall Guy has taken up more than one screen, and said screens are just the PLFs that were taken away by Challengers. Just seems odd.

Yeah what the hell happened? The Fall Guy and TPM had decent Saturdays but the Challengers oof. Weird.

11 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Most are going on about the $130m budget. They spent way too much money on it. Should have been half of that at most. Fall Guy is not a mass appeal movie at all, and they should have been more reasonable with the budget.

Yeah get all that with the financials and stuff but that has nothing to do with the actual movie., Like so what if it was slightly overhyped coming out of SWSW. The reviews still ended up being pretty good overall and the WOM from actual real people seeing it has been fairly good. The GA/Casuals don't give a F about the shit we talk about around here.

Posted (edited)

Seems Phantom Menace actually grossed some OS money with the re-release. 💁🏻‍♀️😉

Adding to it’s OS lifetime gross. So it wasn’t a ”DOM”-only type of re-release after all.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I don't understand the weird hostility some have towards the Fall Guy around here. 

It's unwatchably bad. David Leitch is a hack. All his movies are bad and underperform yet he still gets $130M to make more (and that's the reported budget, we know how studios love to deflate budgets to the press)

Edited by Flopped
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 3

1 minute ago, Flopped said:

It's unwatchably bad. 

Wow so all the other people that don't share that opinion must be wrong. We will take your opinion on it as the one.  God I swear some people around here.

22 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

"The entire box office weekend is totaling around $73M." From Deadline...

This is kinda terrible.  No way to spin the overall box office state.

As for Fall Guy demo...Gosling is not a female (or male) draw for under 25s...

"Women under 25 were the lowest to show up yesterday for Fall Guy at 13%, with men over 25 leading at 38%, women over 25 at 33% (who gave the pic its best grade of 93%) and men under 25 at 16%."

Under 25 years old being so small percentage from the audience for Fall Guy seems to hint a limited appeal.

6 minutes ago, Flopped said:

It's unwatchably bad. David Leitch is a hack. All his movies are bad and underperform yet he still gets $130M to make more (and that's the reported budget, we know how studios love to deflate budgets to the press)

What the F are you talking about? Maybe do some research before you spout shit like that. Fine you don't like his movies so be it but maybe go look at how much his movies make on their budget. Pretty good until this movie which yeah will probably lose money.