AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

We seem to say this every year around this time for Disney stuff (that's not SW); "Where's the marketing?"

No need to use up a lot of your advertising budget two months before the movie comes out when people still have to wait. If there's nothing around the time of Thor or afterward (besides JL, I'm having a hard time imagining a non-Disney movie's trailer showing in front of it), I'll be confused.

6 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Coco is locked for 300M now.

Many around here didn't heed my warnings of a year and a half or so ago. I noted that the main DC characters- Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman - are bulletproof and that the DC universe resonates with the public. Proof of this is that when WB released BAD DC movies, like last year's Batman v Superman, and Suicide Squad, they still did $330m DOM and $800m WW.

In contrast, Marvel makes GOOD movies like Ant-Man and Dr. Strange and they don't do as well. 

When WB releases GOOD movies, like this year's Wonder Woman and the 2012 and 2008 Batman movies, they make $400 - $500m DOM.

Vast underestimation of the DC Universe haunts this place, and Justice League is going to slam it home.  Coco doesn't stand a chance.

Edited by SteveJaros

Just now, SteveJaros said:

Many around here didn't heed my warnings of a year and a half or so ago. I noted that the main DC characters- Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman - are bulletproof and that the DC universe resonates with the public. Proof of this is that when WB released BAD DC movies, like last year's Batman v Superman, and Suicide Squad, they still did $330m DOM and $800m WW.

In contrast, Marvel makes GOOD movies like Ant-Man and Dr. Strange and they don't do as well. 

When WB releases GOOD movies, like this year's Wonder Woman and the 2012 and 2008 Batman movies, they make $400 - $500m DOM.

Vast underestimation of the DC Universe haunts this place, and Justice League is going to slam it home. 

Your most notable warnings last year were that Fox would beat Disney. That didn't even come close to happening, by billions.

4 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Vast underestimation of the DC Universe haunts this place, and Justice League is going to slam it home. 

You become delusional Steve. What is with the reappearance with every Disney movie release? You were  gone for a while, and then suddenly when a Disney movie is near release you show up!!! We miss your old avatar a lot!!!

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Finnick said:

You become delusional Steve, as I know this is the Coco thread, not the JL thread, not the Marvel/DC thread. What is with the reappearance with every Disney movie release? You were  gone for a while, and then suddenly when a Disney movie is near release you show up!!! We miss your old avatar a lot!!!

They probably [mod edit] messed him up in Disneyland, or something like that, this guy's behavior is so strange...I'm obviously joking but his way of reappearing when Disney/Pixar is close to release a new animated movie is hard to fathom, this obsession with Disney must hide something fishy.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Justice League will be a hit but Coco won't be hurt by it much if at all. If anything, Coco will hurt the other family films out in November.

The Star will hurt Coco, duh. Don't underestimate the power of Oprah Winfrey in the once-in-a-lifetime role of Deborah the Camel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Star will hurt Coco, duh. Don't underestimate the power of Oprah Winfrey in the once-in-a-lifetime role of Deborah the Camel.

Had The Star not looked like donkey shit, I could’ve had more faith in it. The concept on paper might have worked.

• Like 1