kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | May 31-Jun 02, 2024 | actuals | 14.01M GARFIELD | 10.78M FURIOSA | 10.51M IF | 8.97M APES

This weekend's total box office is on par with the first weekend in June 2021, woof.  We need some surprise hits or something to really overperform expectations.

21 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

-60% drop

Surprised WB didn't go for a 59% drop for Furiosa, would have looked a little better.

But not surprising. Holiday weekend OW and barely any women seeing the film means big drop.

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Surprised WB didn't go for a 59% drop for Furiosa, would have looked a little better.

But not surprising. Holiday weekend OW and barely any women seeing the film means big drop.

That is actually a 59.17% drop from last weekend, though of course the final number & percentage drop will change somewhat.

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

It’s not just women who aren’t watching. More people saw Garfield last weekend despite it coming in second. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Nice hold for IF, but man it just isn't getting much help from the rest of the world

It did also fine in France (but I don't know what admission numbers were expected). 

In Germany, it took a while till IF found its audience and the expectation were pretty low but it will (slightly) overperform here. The weather was also a factor as always - first two sunny weekends, now rainy. Before the release it was projected by insidekino.de that it will get ~ 500k total admissions (way lower than Garfield with 2M expected admissions).

Before this weekend it was lifted to 550k total admissions with 90k over the weekend - now it could get 155k over the weekend, so we're looking at over 600k total admissions plus a better multi. The rest depends...mostly on the weather.

Edited by el sid

54 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

$90 million is locked now. A perfectly good outcome, considering its start and the furore it created. 

Happy too see this but also very frustrating because it proves WOM is really good with the audiences who bothered to see it.  If it had opened with even the 35-40 it should have it would have cracked 100 m easily. Still would not have made money theatrically but at least join the 100 m club.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Happy too see this but also very frustrating because it proves WOM is really good with the audiences who bothered to see it.  If it had opened with even the 35-40 it should have it would have cracked 100 m easily. Still would not have made money theatrically but at least join the 100 m club.

Fall Guy really didn't need that budget.

180m on a 75-80m budget would have been a solid enough.

Numbers it's making are solid for the kind of movie it is.

Universal just got carried away and oversetimated it's appeal.

IF 110m budget is reasonable to me . It's just not clicking OS.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

Posted (edited)

Glen Powell is not that hot please, just a normal looking good guy 😅. Which for me Is the best thing. If you have enough carisma you can be good for a larger range of roles and you can be hot for parts need that and also being more believable in what is supposed to be the real context of the movie for a different kind of roles.

Ryan Gosling is like that. He can be incredibly hot for a romantic comedy like crazy stupid love but can work also as and outcast man on an indie movie.

Hugh Jackman is also an actor of this kind. 

I know Hollywood It's like that but when I see movies like ocean's eleven and you have this large group of thieves and they all have been hottest man of the year for People It's kinda cringe 😅

Edited by vale9001

7 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I know Hollywood It's like that but when I see movies like ocean's eleven and you have this large group of thieves and they all have been hottest man of the year for People It's kinda cringe 😅

The glamour is absolutely the point in Ocean's.

15 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Fall Guy really didn't need that budget.

180m on a 75-80m budget would have been a solid enough.

Numbers it's making are solid for the kind of movie it is.

Universal just got carried away and oversetimated it's appeal.

IF 110m budget is reasonable to me . It's just not clicking OS.

Agree with you on the budget. Did my rewatch of Bad Boys For Life last night and that cost 90 m and there are 3 or 4 large scale action sequences  and it sounds like Ride or Die is able to do the same.  As good as the action scenes are in The Fall Guy nothing screams 150 m budget.