Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Β 

Β 

At the rate its going I expect by Monday it would go up even more. What i can see is

Β 

1) MTC2 is queuing requests !!

2) checked in fandango and most shows are near full from afternoon and its selling late into night.Β 

3) MTC1 occupancies are off the charts.Β 

• Like 1

Yeah I check in on some movie theaters in exurban Atlanta Georgia. These places are usually totally empty most of the time I check. They're sure as heck not empty now lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Pretty good chance of Top 3

Β  Reveal hidden contents

Β 

I was thinking of $45M True FRI when the day started and that felt TOOO HIGH, so I didn't give it out and just went with here.

Β 

Just wake up to possibility of $50M True FRI.

Β 

WTF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 7

8 hours ago, cannastop said:

Feasible... It would be a stretch though. Elemental had a 12.33x multi from previews. Which would mean a $160m OW for Inside Out 2, but since Elemental was an original, it was less front loaded. I think It's a wait and see matter, if it will cross Finding Dory.

lmao. Looks like this is what's happening.

• Astonished 2

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Inside Out 2 for the biggest OW of the year.Β :hahaha:

Β 

So, maybe I wasn't so wrong about Inside Out winning the summer (ignore my Garfield summer winner backup option - someone can be wildly wrong and wildly right at the same time...I think).

Β 

Thank you Disney for throwing D+ a deal...probably should have tried that in 2023 with the originals, but better late than never...

Β 

1. Wall-E

2.Β  Ratatouille

3.Β  Coco

4.Β  Toy Story 2

5.Β  Toy Story 3

6.Β  Toy Story

7.Β  Inside Out

8.Β  A Bug's Life

9.Β  Soul

10.Β  Finding Nemo

11.Β  Elemental

12.Β  Up

13.Β  Luca

14.Β  Brave

15.Β  The Incredibles

16.Β  Cars

17.Β  Turning Red

18.Β  Monsters Inc.

19.Β  Toy Story 4

20.Β  Monsters University

21.Β  Onward

22.Β  Finding Dory

23.Β  The Incredibles 2

24.Β  Lightyear

25.Β  The Good Dinosaur

Β 

Have yet to see the Cars sequels.

• Like 1

Prolly seeing IO 2 with the missus tomorrow night, but it just dawned on me that this will be the first $100m+ OW grosser I watch where I didn't even see the trailer for haha. Excited to see a critically acclaimed blockbuster with absolutely no knowledge on anything (I guess this is where I log off until after the screening).

Β 

Nice to see the box office healthy again; hopefully a signal for things to come 🀞 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

So what do we think of Disney’s latter slate after Inside Out 2?

Β 

previous slate before this weekend:

The First Omen - April 5, 2024

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes - May 10, 2024

Β 

this weekend:

Inside Out 2 - June 14, 2024

Β 

After this weekend:

Deadpool and Wolverine - July 26, 2024

Alien: Romulus - August 16, 2024

Moana 2 - November 27, 2024

Mufasa: The Lion King - December 20, 2024

I’m sure Deadpool and Moana will be big hits even if the reception and post-opening legs are bad.

Β 

Mufasa I’m expecting a large drop off from the first movie but not the mega bomb that some people are expecting.

Β 

Alien is the big question mark. The series has had a mixed run post-Aliens and the last two movies left a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. But if it gets a good response, and draws the younger crowd with its cast, it could be a decent hit with the dead since it’ll be the only notable movie out until Beetlejuice.

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Prolly seeing IO 2 with the missus tomorrow night, but it just dawned on me that this will be the first $100m+ OW grosser I watch where I didn't even see the trailer for haha. Excited to see a critically acclaimed blockbuster with absolutely no knowledge on anything (I guess this is where I log off until after the screening).

Β 

Nice to see the box office healthy again; hopefully a signal for things to come 🀞 

YOU’RE MARRIED WHAT

Maybe I'm being a bit TOO optimistic here, but hear me out...

Β 

I think Disney seeing how massive IO2 is could demonstrate to them the value of CREATING ip. Sure, right now they are mining old IP, but at the same time, Inside Out is a relatively new IP compared to the stuff they usually mine. Seeing how popular these original films can become if they are truly beloved can hopefully incentivize them to focus on creating new IP in the future.Β 

• Like 2