Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

28 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Disney must be thinking about releasing an Inside Out 3 on Father's Day 2032

In all seriousness, maybe not. Unless all franchises have Toy Story level longevity. Maybe a sequel to something else could come. But Inside Out 2 was gen z's moment and gen Alpha will want something elseΒ 

On 6/15/2024 at 1:47 PM, Eric S'ennui said:

Animated movies in general overindex with Hispanics.. Mario, Kung Fu Panda, Garfield. Not sure why that is if I’m being honest.

CanΒ΄t talk about all latino audiences, but at least here in Brazil cartoons is part of our daily life in a very big way. Kids love of course, but adults also grewed watching them and carries this passion even after they grow. ItΒ΄s a very common media here even to treat about sensitive topics such as politics and economy.

Β 

The biggest TV channels plays cartoons everyday for decades now, in itΒ΄s prime it played all day sometimes. Even now that TV is declining, the cultural habit of whole families watching animations expaded to streaming, so the biggest content on YouTube and other platforms are also cartoons.Β 

Β 

Unless itΒ΄s trash, pretty much every animated movie does well here and you can find people from all ages on the theaters, even if thereΒ΄s no kids with them.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 3

IF they make another Inside Out they have 2 options. One about Riley as an Adult or about another kid(how about a boy this time around). It could be about Riley's Son for example in the future. But there is no hurry in making another one. Pixar have tons ofΒ  options for sequels anyway.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I predict Elemental legs tbh. $775m dom. There is literally no reason why this won't happenΒ 

Β 

I always like those times when my optimism gets dwarfed by someone else's...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, cannastop said:

In all seriousness, maybe not. Unless all franchises have Toy Story level longevity. Maybe a sequel to something else could come. But Inside Out 2 was gen z's moment and gen Alpha will want something elseΒ 

Β 

Incredibles and now Inside Out are bigger franchises than TS. IO will always be universal and people will keep relating to Riley as she grows up with them and has more complex feelings. It's a stronger bond than with Andy as we spend a lot more time with her in the films.

Edited by Spidey Freak
Took out Nemo as I feel it's on par with TS and less flexible in storytelling opportunities than Incredibles and IO

Don't know if somebody else has mentioned it already but seeing the Latino love for animation, Coco 2 should be a no-brainer. The original exploded in China too.

Β 

Additional points if it features a Brazilian character.

The best Pixar movie I’ve seen in years. Some progressive stuff but nothing that particularly bothered me. Made me tear up a couple of times. Hit me in the feels. Excellently done. Definitely worthy of the Pixar brand. Kudos to everyone involved. Β 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

16 hours ago, Torontofan said:

I mean this makes senseΒ 

Β 

Inside out is Pixars most liked original film in like 10 yearsΒ 

I feel Coco is bigger. Not on itΒ΄s original run, IO was clearly bigger and more acclaimed at that time.Β 

Β 

But Coco seems to outgrown IO reception over the years, pretty much everyone considers it upper tier Pixar these days. I think it also have higher grades from audiences now on both IMDB and Letterboxd.Β 

Β 

I donΒ΄t really see how they can come up with a good sequel out of that movie, but if they manage to do it, i suspect Coco 2 can easily explode and ended up being the biggest Pixar movie ever, especially with how latino audiences are doing some huge business recently.

There were whispers a while back that Disney wanted to turn Coco into a Broadway musical (which would make it the first Pixar movie to receive such treatment I believe) so it seems reasonable they want to further capitalize on that movie's also enduring popularity. A sequel for Thanksgiving 2027 in time for the original's 10th anniversary wouldn't be a surprise tbh.

Kelsey Mann probably has a role now as a reliable yes man who they can assign to any other future sequel ideas they have in mind. A no brainer for a Monsters or Up continuation if Docter is too spread thin to do it now.

Β 

I think they might've been counting on Angus Maclane to be something like that for Andrew Stanton's IPs until Lightyear stained his resume.

Β 

Β 

Edited by AniNate

12 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I feel Coco is bigger. Not on itΒ΄s original run, IO was clearly bigger and more acclaimed at that time.Β 

Β 

But Coco seems to outgrown IO reception over the years, pretty much everyone considers it upper tier Pixar these days. I think it also have higher grades from audiences now on both IMDB and Letterboxd.Β 

Β 

I donΒ΄t really see how they can come up with a good sequel out of that movie, but if they manage to do it, i suspect Coco 2 can easily explode and ended up being the biggest Pixar movie ever, especially with how latino audiences are doing some huge business recently.

I think the world of Coco probably has a lot left you could explore. But good luck to them finding a character story that can hold up to the emotional weight of the original.Β 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Alright, I made a mistake. $85M actually would have been a super duper amazing OW and anybody saying that would have been bad is simply a troll who needs to shut the fuck up. Happy now BOT?

Β 

Anyways, back in non-sarcasm mode, my issue is not the actual numbers themselves (they're amazing! 550+ DOM is fucked up), my issue is with how when it was tracking significantly lower (because this movie suddenly blew up) I tried to tell people that result would not have been goodΒ and yet was met with resistance, and theseΒ actualΒ numbers are proving, that, yes, those hypothetical lower numbers would've been bad. And this forum's insistence on not admitting when poor numbers are poor ticks me off!

Fella i think you cares way too much about this forum.Β 

Β 

IΒ΄m saying this in the most friendly way possible because honestly i never had any problem here in the many years iΒ΄m active, but i swear this is not the first, or second, or third time some people disagreed with your pov about some movies performances and you take it extremelly personal.Β 

Β 

You had a very big meltdown over Mario iirc last year because some people disagreed with you that the movie would be as big as it ended up being, and week after week you keep saying how everyone was stupid and you was right again and again.

Β 

Same thing now, sometimes you are right about the numbers, but people disagreeing with you isnΒ΄t a personal attack or something worthy of being resentful about.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

I think the world of Coco probably has a lot left you could explore. But good luck to them finding a character story that can hold up to the emotional weight of the original.Β 

Yeah, itΒ΄s a very fascinating concept. I donΒ΄t see how they can explore more of that that because much of the amazing aspects of Coco was totally resolved in the first movie indeed.

Β 

IΒ΄ve seen harder to make sequels pulling it off tho, if they can find a way to crack the code, thereΒ΄s a huge movie in there commercially.

• Like 1

Looking ahead to next weekend. IO 2 and BB ROD will stay number 1 and 2. Bikeriders should be number 3 even if it only does in the 5-10 m range. Nothing else will do above 4.0-5.0 with Apes being 3 this weekend at 5.2.