Eric Deetz

Fourth of July/Despicable Me 4 Weekend Thread | 122.61M 5-Day Opening

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

The mad consistency of this franchise is an incredible wonder in itself that's worth celebrating 🍾 👏 

Kids really love the Minions. Minions not being to speak a real language adds to their appeal worldwide.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Saw DM4 … funny how these movies keeps being so beloved because they’re really bad lol. It feels like a fractured monster that features a lot of short films (with varying range of quality) very loosely tied up in a story they came up late in the process. 

I’ll take Pixar average sequels over this any time.

I know, right? This is exactly what I felt when I saw it. It's like a miniseries lumped into one entity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

All my gay friends are very excited about watching a bunch of hot man fighting each other with scandalous clothes (i am too tbh)

My friends and I are joking about this too, ha. The clothes didn’t look scandalous enough so far, we’ll decide from the trailer. 

• Like 1

Kinds of Kindness tanking with its 2nd expansion. It won't even reach 1.000 theaters during its run. Shame. It will end its run at 5M.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

Non-whites love ancient Rome stuff case in point, the Italians. 

Are the Italians considered non-whites?

I guess that's an American thing.

Gladiator 2 may do well for a Gladiator sequel in 2024. But the for the budget, never will. Now if you have mental capability to separate that, it's up to you and your psychiatric.

But it's going to lose money forever. Fuck Paramount for such mismanaged production.

This better be good otherwise I wouldn't give work again to Ridley. Dude's washed. Time to go to streaming. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

A lotta bitches here continue to be in a bad mood, so it's definitely not you.

Empire City is a problematic ass person, but, sadly, he provides us numbers. I think people can understand posting his numbers solely is not an endorsement of his ideology and such.

Is or are there better people out there who provide those kinda numbers? I miss RTH.

@charlie Jatinder usually gives the same numbers as voldy at a similar time, and isn't an ass. Apart from when he rags on the British, but I'll allow that from time to time 😅

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Insomnia said:

Who else is getting positively sick of "white this" and "black that"? Holy shit.

If nobody outside of old white men (which isn't true at all) can appreciate a Roman Empire/gladiator epic then that's pretty pathetic, honestly. Let's stop putting people into neat little boxes and see what actually happens when the film comes out.

I mean maybe you don't like race being brought up, but that is a legit query to bring up on a movie's box office potential. Like movies are skewing more and more towards minority viewers, and generally these types of sword and sandal movies generally skew towards old white dudes, like my dad. Of course that doesn't mean it's only that specific demo that likes it and nobody else is into it. And I'm sure I will be proven spectacularly wrong once the movie comes out and we get Deadline's demos. But I'm making an educated guess. The same educated guess everybody else gets to make for any other movie ever. 

5 hours ago, Ryan C said:

Also, I should probably stop posting Empire City tweets. Clearly everyone is in a bad mood when we talk about him. Lol!

He actually used to bully me on a daily basis for a solid year or two. To the point where I had mental issues and was afraid to even go on the forum I was an administrator of. And let me tell you, people sharing his tweets here, even using the "Voldemort" nickname, does not help at all. It actually makes me sick to my stomach seeing his stupid avatar. But when I brought it up, people insisted that I was being emotional. That we just have to share his posts. That we have to have his box office tweets up here, even though Charlie shares the exact same thing and he treats me and everybody else here with love and respect. It's not very fun that my feelings and emotions are somehow invalid, but I guess I have no choice. Ohhh well.

• Heart 9
  • Disbelief 1

11 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

He actually used to bully me on a daily basis for a solid year or two. To the point where I had mental issues and was afraid to even go on the forum I was an administrator of. And let me tell you, people sharing his tweets here, even using the "Voldemort" nickname, does not help at all. It actually makes me sick to my stomach seeing his stupid avatar. But when I brought it up, people insisted that I was being emotional. That we just have to share his posts. That we have to have his box office tweets up here, even though Charlie shares the exact same thing and he treats me and everybody else here with love and respect. It's not very fun that my feelings and emotions are somehow invalid, but I guess I have no choice. Ohhh well.

I’m very sorry, babe. As you know, I fully stand with you, and I apologize for not recognizing just how toxic he was to you and this place.

Sending you all my love, My Prince. 🩵

Posted (edited)

People have gone on record here saying they don't care how much of an asshole a source is as long as they provide scoops. So I think the only way you're gonna be able to enforce journalistic integrity is through an official ban on specific sources.

Personally I'm good with not knowing the up to the minute news breaks until they're coming from accredited publications. Anything that is actually true will come to light in due time.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

Kinds of Kindness tanking with its 2nd expansion. It won't even reach 1.000 theaters during its run. Shame. It will end its run at 5M.

Eh. If ya saw it you'd be surprised it's even made as much as it has so far. Not that it's horrible but there's no audience for it. Like none. Favourite and Poor Things are different. Its more like Dogtooth and Sacred Deer.

• Like 1