kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

Twisters was enjoyable but something definitely was missing. I think with a stronger action director this really could have been great. The original made you fear and love twister with its iconic opening. I left this movie feeling like we saw the same in Into The Storm.

Universal refusing to move Twisters to a new date made me realized they won't be losing any theaters when Deadpool opens because of contracts. Twisters will have a full force of 4,000 theaters when Deadpool arrives.

Films don't lose theaters on their 2nd weekend no matter what, not even for mega bombs.

Uni might really be hoping Twisters will become the film everyone goes to, those that can't or don't want to see Deadpool. Those 2 will basically be the last 2 big summer films. Also Twisters will be getting a lot of business from Deadpool sellouts.

Edited by Mojoguy

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

saw this at 2pm , these previews are getting out of hand

Some advice. ALWAYS arrive 15 minutes after the posted movie start time. That way you skip most of the ads and end up only watching 3-4 trailers before film starts. I always do that now.

Of course this only works if your theater has assigned seating.

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Some advice. ALWAYS arrive 15 minutes after the posted movie start time. That way you skip most of the ads and end up only watching 3-4 trailers before film starts. I always do that now.

Of course this only works if your theater has assigned seating.

I think he meant that the shows today started at 2pm (after many EA showings last night) and so to call almost a full day and a half of previews part of Friday is getting a little out of hand 😅

• Like 2

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Weekend thread indicates it'll be close to 6 without early access, so either the thread is wildly wrong or EA is much less than expected.

I can't imagine EA being that big. This isn't a superhero movie. I doubt there is a rush to see it. Twisters will live or die based on walkups.

I'm just hoping that Twisters can do at least $60M this weekend. Based on those early preview numbers (which are nearly identical to Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes), it should do that, but I hope it keeps having strong-walk business throughout the weekend. 

Apes had that and it got itself to $58.4M. Here's hoping Twisters can go slightly higher and beat all of the franchise openers we've had so far in the $50M range. I don't know if anyone expected that.

28 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Weekend thread indicates it'll be close to 6 without early access, so either the thread is wildly wrong or EA is much less than expected.

Or Sacramento's Dark Magic is being Used For Evil™. :ph34r:

(ftr, I think Sacramento is either under-performing or I should use the comps that point at 8m+ total)

Edited by Porthos

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Or Sacramento's Dark Magic is being Used For Evil™. :ph34r:

So that explains the Athletics' situation the next few years

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

So that explains the Athletics' situation the next few years

Gonna be reliving the much-beloved 80s Era of Baseball with 100º+ weather on artificial turf, baby!  👍

("at least it'll be a dry heat")