kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

good numbers in the Us for Twisters. The problem is the big budget and the mediocre OS numbers. It needs very great Us legs to break out. Not nowadays it's only about the theaters as we know. 

Edited by vale9001

44 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

good numbers in the Us for Twisters. The problem is the big budget and the mediocre OS numbers. It needs very great Us legs to break out. Not nowadays it's only about the theaters as we know. 

$155M is a pretty reasonable budget for this sort of movie.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

I can see Twisters doing over $40 million next weekend.  If anything, Deadpool arriving might only help it with spillover, despite the loss of significant PLF. 

You can say different audiences, but we’ve had event films hold up just fine against $150 million plus openers before. 

With Twisters skewing more rural and flyover states, maybe there are chance two can coexist well. The thing about moviegoers in sub-urban area is, they are least associated group to the trendy and pop-culture. This customer group provide an additional customer base to the marketplace, rather than a zero-sum game that just taking the audience from other movies. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dallas said:

Chris Pratt is not a draw lmao. He has a good agent, thats it. All of his biggest hits have been franchise movies with massive brand visibility. Glen Powell's recent successes have been a lot more him-driven. Anyone But You, a sexy romcom that left women drooling for Powell. Hit Man, a streaming hit that let Glen really shine both on his own and next to co-star Adria Arjona. Twisters, although technically a sequel to the 90s hit blockbuster, was totally marketed as it's own thing with Powell at the center of the promotion. So yeah, I don't think it's premature to call Glen a rising star, and I don't think it's crazy to say that he is as big of a draw as Pratt. Powell's prospects certainly look better than many of his peers', and I'm excited to see how his career evolves.

He was the biggest male draw to have starred in the MCU. No other actor had as much success as him.  The GA love him

9 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

WB can't promote movies in any genre

Barbie? Wonka?.

Everyone makes "flops". I think OS people just don't care about it, there wasn't too much to do It. 

1 hour ago, Jaxon5 said:

He was the biggest male draw to have starred in the MCU. No other actor had as much success as him.  The GA love him

In what planet was Chris Pratt a bigger MCU draw than RDJ?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Longlegs Saturday here was only down 8% on last week. Word of mouth already kicking in. 

The showings were selling out at my local last week and they've added way more showtimes this weekend I've noticed.

47 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

The one where Dolittle was a massive flop

I'm pretty sure Dolittle will be a massive flop with Chris Pratt as a lead too.

So far, Chris Pratt's big movies seem to be related to franchises. He doesn't seem to be a draw as star.

Edited by Kon

49 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

The one where Dolittle was a massive flop

I don't blame RDJ for Dolittle just as I don't blame Pratt/Lawrence for Passengers. I don't blame Prstt for Tomorrow War being dumped on streaming abd forgotten within days of debut either.

RDJ is absolutely the bigger MCU draw of the two though. RDJ's Ironman is more popular than Pratt's Starlord. Both extremely popular though.

Waiting on your comments on Longlegs very poor word of mouth as it continues to hold extremely well an indie next to no budget horror. Horror is generally frontloaded and it looks like a 3+ multiplier is locked for Longlegs. That's excellent. 

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

That movie doesn't do half its gross without their presence

Sure. I'd lean more to Lawrence than Pratt boosting it though. And if Dolittle doesn't have RDJ or some other bonafide star it doesn't come close to 250M+ WW either. 

Passengers grossed over 300m on a 110m budget and is a completely original script based on no existing IP. It 100% performed the way it did because if its stars and is by no accurate definition a failure/flop at the box office. People definitely had higher expectations that it never reached, however. 

• Like 3