Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

3 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Right. Deadpool is a comedy. This is the nature of comedies. Folks seem to forget this.

Wayne's World literally makes absolutely no sense. Walk Hard. Austin Powers. Wedding Crashers. The list goes on. But I think those are all great comedies.

Yeah comedies don't need a huge fkcus on the story, they just need to make you laugh. We're the Millers had such a straightfoward and lazy story but was a huge crowdpleaser because there was a laugh a minute. 

Comedies will always be the hardest genre to nail though

33 minutes ago, baumer said:

The problem with a lot of the MCU movies post End game is that all of our emotions were so heavily invested in the finality of endgame that asking us to be invested in a whole new storyline was asking a lot in my opinion.

This is something I don't really understand as someone who's not really a CBM aficionado. I'd think comic book nerds should know more than anyone that just because someone is killed off doesn't mean they're dead forever. My impression is anyone popular can and has been brought back throughout the history of comic books if there's a convincing enough excuse for it 

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, AniNate said:

This is something I don't really understand as someone who's not really a CBM aficionado. I'd think comic book nerds should know more than anyone that just because someone is killed off doesn't mean they're dead forever. My impression is anyone popular can and has been brought back throughout the history of comic books if there's a convincing enough excuse for it 

Trust me buddy I am not a comic book nerd either. And if I was a betting man I would say that Tony Stark welcome back eventually.

IMHO, 'Deadpool and Wolverine' is the 'Twilight' for boys. A horrible movie in many ways.
Those who keep claiming that the movie is good because it's a fun comedy, let me tell you something: comedy plays with expectations and there's nothing but the ordinary in the third Deadpool movie. I'm impressed with the audience and critics' positive reception. Memory loss is definitely an after-effect of Covid.
I wish I was brainwashed too so I could have fun with crap like this.
Despite that, the movie has great cameos. I loved some of them. Horrible movie still.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Litio said:

IMHO, 'Deadpool and Wolverine' is the 'Twilight' for boys. A horrible movie in many ways.
Those who keep claiming that the movie is good because it's a fun comedy, let me tell you something: comedy plays with expectations and there's nothing but the ordinary in the third Deadpool movie. I'm impressed with the audience and critics' positive reception. Memory loss is definitely an after-effect of Covid.
I wish I was brainwashed too so I could have fun with crap like this.
Despite that, the movie has great cameos. I loved some of them. Horrible movie still.

This and NWH are among the biggest crimes against real cinema this decade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

IS it locked to pass joker as highest grossing R rated movie ? And where do you think it will land my Guess At best black panther numbers ww and worst At 1.1b

15 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

This and NWH are among the biggest crimes against real cinema this decade. 

you can’t compare. NWH has a A+ Cinema Score, 90% from RT Top Critics and 83% positive critics review on Metacritic.

D&W: A on Cinema Score, only 63% from RT Top Critics and only 50% positive reviews on Metacritic.

I like both though. 

Edited by leoh

Moderation

@Litio There was no need to say "people who like Deadpool are brainwashed". You know you were just insulting people here and we don't need it.

We can be critical of Marvel, their business practices, their creative decisions, etc.. Heck, we can even be critical of their popularity and people's enjoyment of them. But insults like these? No. Please treat your fellow BOT members with respect.

• Like 11
  • Heart 2

22 minutes ago, Selma said:

IS it locked to pass joker as highest grossing R rated movie ? And where do you think it will land my Guess At best black panther numbers ww and worst At 1.1b

Definitely not locked but certainly possible. 

16 minutes ago, leoh said:

you can’t compare. NWH has a A+ Cinema Score, 90% from RT Top Critics and 83% positive critics review on Metacritic.

D&W: A on Cinema Score, only 63% from RT Top Critics and only 50% positive reviews on Metacritic.

I like both though. 

Meh. NWH had the advantage of being first out the gate with the nostalgia for the early 2000's superheroes. It's barely a movie, just like D&W. On top of that, R rates movie, with a very obnoxious lead character that rubs a lot of people the wrong way was always going to make this harder to digest that NWH. Flip their release dates though and I'm confident they would be much closer in their overall receptions. 

Overall they're both cinema experiences, something to be enjoyed as part of a sold out crowd. They simply don't function outside of that, as there's nothing there with either of them. So in that respect they both hit it out of the park, but both will age like milk.

• Thanks 1

Well the one thing that the MCU seems to do better than anybody else is please it's fans. You can criticize them all you want but they seem to know what they're doing. The reason why a lot of people say that end game is one of their favorite films of all time is obviously because of the amount of fan service that went into it. The final 45 minutes of that movie is pure eyegasm. And without getting into spoiler territory for Deadpool and wolverine, that movie ups the ante on eyegasm as well.