ZeeSoh

COMIC CON 2024

34 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

From what I saw on reddit and online it can only be described as mixed.

And these are desperation hail Mary's and are not sustainable. It's gimmicks.

On Reddit and online, Deadpool & Wolverine is being treated like it's a shit film that is barely any good.

It has an A CinemaScore and is about to break so many July records.

1 minute ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

On Reddit and online, Deadpool & Wolverine is being treated like it's a shit film that is barely any good.

That has nothing to do with the point being made.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

The first time in history a shit film has made money.

Just now, JustLurking said:

It does, internet echo chambers like Reddit are not representative of GA interest. We won’t know how interested the GA is in this for a while.

Just now, Bob Train said:

It does, internet echo chambers like Reddit are not representative of GA interest. We won’t know how interested the GA is in this for a while.

"Reaction on reddit seems largely positive"

"To me it seems mixed"

"Well they don't get it they think D&W is bad anyway"

Not sure if you see where I'm going here but whether they are right or not doesn't exactly matter to what that guy said.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

lol

I don't care about this much one way or another.

The GA will probably eat it up.

1.6m likes already on IG reels of the reveal, 400k more than the Cap 4 teaser has in 2 weeks, so yeah, the GA loved it

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I like RDJ as a villain (he was great in Oppy) but I wonder how will other characters react when they realize he looks like Tony Stark? They'd probably make a joke about him being a variant or something or they'd have Doom with his mask on most of the time (which is how he usually goes anyway).

Not only does Doom hide his face he modifies his voice as well.

11 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

The point was that people online are tearing the choice apart, but we're seeing how little the internet commentariat matters with Deadpool & Wolverine.

Every year that passes, the internet and reality become more and more disparate. And to the point that a lot of shit films make money, Deadpool & Wolverine has a 3.8 on Letterboxd. The vast majority of people don't think it's shit.

24 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

The point was that people online are tearing the choice apart, but we're seeing how little the internet commentariat matters with Deadpool & Wolverine.

Every year that passes, the internet and reality become more and more disparate. And to the point that a lot of shit films make money, Deadpool & Wolverine has a 3.8 on Letterboxd. The vast majority of people don't think it's shit.

Time will not be kind to deadpool and wolverine and that score is going to drop once it's out on honemarket and the honeymoon phase is over.

Gonna make for awkward home market viewing with the constant pauses for applause.

I say this as someone that liked no way home and MoM.

The Lion King remake got an A cinemascore, made 1.6B and its absolutely horrible.

Edited by Dominic Draper

This announcement gives some bump to Avengers 5 which was looking listless before 

But this does not solve the core issue of MCU..... Audience not connecting to their new heroes. If they mess up Fantastic Four, then it'll be bad, RDJ or not.

As farvas I'm concerned, it's the same to me, RDJ back, eh, the heroes are just uninteresting. Let's see what they do with Fantastic Four.

Love this. Way more interesting than just brining him back as Iron Man. That said, I really hope they explore how our heroes; especially those that had a connection to Tony react to seeing “him” being the bad guy. Especially for Spider-Man. Also the guy that saved the whole universe, being the complete opposite is cool af. They actually can do some really cool interesting things with this storywise if they bother. Now they need to make sure it’s good. This is how you follow up Endgame. This is how you top Thanos (nothing will ever top him)

1 hour ago, Dominic Draper said:

Time will not be kind to deadpool and wolverine and that score is going to drop once it's out on honemarket and the honeymoon phase is over.

Gonna make for awkward home market viewing with the constant pauses for applause.

I say this as someone that liked no way home and MoM.

The Lion King remake got an A cinemascore, made 1.6B and its absolutely horrible.

Lion King has a 2.8 on Letterboxd and, after only a few days, Deadpool & Wolverine has 40k more "likes" than it. I think you're hoping time will be less kind. But I don't think you're right.

9 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

I wanted more news about the overall future and schedule. But It is what it is. 

It's because they've chopped d and change, it's clear

You think they planned this from beginning, up untill 1 year back, they were full steam ahead with Kang, now it's Doomsday.

Directors and writers of Avengers movies have changed recently, they've got castings.

Now There will be X Men era, apparently according to Feige, X Men era started after D&W.

There is no set future at this point, they are making it up as they go along.

23 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It's because they've chopped d and change, it's clear

You think they planned this from beginning, up untill 1 year back, they were full steam ahead with Kang, now it's Doomsday.

Directors and writers of Avengers movies have changed recently, they've got castings.

Now There will be X Men era, apparently according to Feige, X Men era started after D&W.

There is no set future at this point, they are making it up as they go along.

Also D23 is in a month and that's Disney's bread and butter.